Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    And by "make this work", I mean, how did you update to 2.1?
    I just did an OTA update through the system update application. 2.1 should appear.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  3.    #23  
    Yep, that's what I did too. And it lets you enter in different MMS info by going into the phone prefs? (Phone->Preferences->Edit Network Settings).

And you're on Bell with a Rogers unlocked phone?

Just wanna make sure we're in the same boat.
    Developer handset, it shouldn't make a difference if the Rogers Pre 2 is unlocked...
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    I have an unlocked Rogers Pre2 on Bell. No Paid Apps and MMS. I just returned from a trip to the US where I used an ATT Gophone SIM card.

A few of the test MMS texts that I sent out about a month ago (that did not go on Bell), all of a sudden were sent (on ATT) and were received.

It is definately a BELL issue. I will call tomorrow and see what they say.

Mike
  6.    #26  
    Sounds good, Mike, please let me know what they say!
    I also have the problem of not being able to input the mms APN on Bell with my Pre 2, but... I seem to be able to send and receive text messages anyway.
  8.    #28  
    Text messages (SMS) will work, but you may not be able to send or receive MMS (pictures/video). Try it and see.
    Ah, I see. I don't have multimedia texts as a part of my plan so I doubt I'll be able to get it working. Now I know what mms means. I learn something new every day.
    Just got off a call with PALM Tech Support. I have been dealing with the No Paid Apps issue and the No MMS issue for about 6 weeks now. Calling each week and having the probklem being escalated.

Finally someone called me back who knew what he was talking about. He has had a few call about these issues and wanted to confirm a few things with me.

He said they are working with Bell on this as the problem is specific to Bell and they need to be involved in the solution. He suggested it was related to the CDMA to GSM1 move.

He said they are working on it and will resolve both issues. He said if I am not called in the next while with the resolution then to call them with my reference number. I said how long, he suggested 14 to 21 days.

Hopefully we are on the path to solving this.

Mike
    looks like activity has slowed down here, anyone have any luck trying to get mms to work?
    I've been running an unlocked rogers pre2 for two weeks now, no mss for me either. I have tried multiple mms apn settings, but none of them work.
    I have an open case right now, it has been escalated to a level 3 technician, he will be calling me back in the next few days.

It is not a Bell problem, it is something on the phone as I have the correct MMS settings and it does not work (The Palm technician had a conference call with me and a Bell tech.)
    I have fixed the problem by myself and will tell Palm when they call me and get them to input the correct information.

In the MMS properties page, you need to have web.wireless.bell.ca:80 in the proxy entry for it to work correctly. The MMSC is still http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc and the max size is 610.
    Thanks a lot, those settings worked for me too.
    So here is a run down for anyone who needs to set this up.
    MMS APN: pda.bell.ca
    Username: blank
    Password: blank
    MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca:80
    Max Size: 610

Hopefully this works for everyone.
    Here is a link to my follow-up post.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...mms-fixed.html
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Did anyone else get invalid APN when putting those in? I clicked on set up anyway and it took it though. My test was successful.

Although it says it is an invalid APN, it works because Palm/HP is using the settings from Bell's old network in their carrier settings database. (Old network = CDMA, New network = HSPA+)
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I figured as much. What APN are you using for Internet? I was using pda.bell.ca but I find that pda2 works better in this neighborhood.

I'm still using pda.bell for mms though.
    I use pda.bell.ca for both APN's.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast