Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm gonna wait 2 weeks and see if Palm/HP or Internals is able to get a way for 2.0 to be on my Plus. If not I'm just gonna pay the 100 for the Pre 2. I just can't leave... I feel so overthrown and powerless and I can't believe Palm lied to us. Are any of you going to do the same?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    i might. either that or when my 2 year is up get the iphone. the only other phone that comes close to the beauty of webos. but personally i hate how closed off it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    If not I'm just gonna pay the 100 for the Pre 2. I just can't leave... I feel so overthrown and powerless and I can't believe Palm lied to us. Are any of you going to do the same?
    I don't get this at all. You're going to do this when you know the Pre3 is coming down the pipe?
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    Why? To get locked in when Pre3 is coming? I woud think about if verizon change the phone for free...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I was going to pick up the Pre 2 since I'm able to upgrade from my Pre Plus . . . but, with the Pre 3 coming soon (hopefully), I guess I'll wait now.

ET
  6.    #6  
    I just want webOS 2.0... And it's only 100$. I have 2 upgrades on my line and their both my parents and they don't care what phones they have anyway. Plus if I really wanted to I could just sell the Pre 2 online when the Pre 3 comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I just want webOS 2.0... And it's only 100$. I have 2 upgrades on my line and their both my parents and they don't care what phones they have anyway. Plus if I really wanted to I could just sell the Pre 2 online when the Pre 3 comes out.
    No one would buy it when the Pre 3 is out. Id get a Pre 2 if they gave existing Pre Plus users some kind of deal that doesnt effect their contracts. And only if that deal was in the next month or so.
    Yeah, I have a TON of faith in HP/Palm's release dates. Have they ever hit a release date they've set? I remember when the Palm Pre 2 was supposed to be hitting Verizon as early as November, 2010. Here we are 3 months later, and we're finally getting the ability to preorder the Pre 2 with NOT A HINT of the device actually on the official Verizon website.

"Summer" 2010 would mean anytime between June 22 and September 23. Knowing HP/Palm, if they do manage to hit a "Summer" deadline, it'll be September. That'd make the Palm Pre 3 available 7 months from now.

"Summer" doesn't really cut it. I can't wait that long for a phone. Pre 2 or Droid R2D2 or something like that?
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I saw people freaking out that HP is "total fail" for even releasing a pre2 on Verizon, and I had some thoughts:

1. think of the bright side, they could only sell one Pre2, and HP will be ok. HP has gots them some cash money. If old Palm did this, they might go Osbourne, but HP can weather it.

2. Don't think about us tech nerds. Think average consumer MIGHT go into a VZW store, look at iPhone 4, $200, plus $40 for mobile hotspot, "oh wait, what's this cute little guy for 1/2 as much and free mobile hotspot. A Pre 2? Ok I will take one." Not everyone is up to date on product release cycles. Everyone and their mother knows when next gen iPhone comes out, June every year. Do you think no one ever buys an iPhone from May thru June?

3. More HP (bye palm, sad face) devices in more hands helps all of us. Even if they only sell a few, every little bit helps.

4. And finally, CDMA Pre2 on vzw means there will be a VZW Pre2 webos Doctor, which might make for easier com-board swap of sprint radio to Unlocked gsm for frankenPre2 on Sprint, right? (gsm shouldn't matter, cuz changing the com board)
    or is that last one too much of a stretch?

Personally, I am happy with the state of HP WebOS right now
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    maybe. i'm unemployed and have a year left on my contract so there is a 0% chance of me buying it off-contract initially. I want to see who figures out how to shoehorn webos 2.x onto pre+, and if that doesn't happen, then the pre2 should be cheap on ebay/craigslist soon. if i can snag one cheap, like under $100, i'd consider it.
    it would be awesome if HP offered us pre plus users on verizon and at&t unlocked pre 2's and vouchers for the pre3 for sprint people!
    how about this, we pay for the Pre 3 now, and get the Pre 2 for free while we wait.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    No, but my Nokia is going in the drawer and im going to pick up a Pre2 gsm till the Pre3 comes out.

ps. Hello WebOS, bye Nokia.
    Nope. My upgrade window isn't open til the fall anyway, and there is no way I am getting the Pre 2 when, by the time I can upgrade, the Pre3 - with more power, bigger screen size, bigger keyboard - will be available. Will just make do with Pre Plus 1.4.5 until then.
    I probably will. I don't have a smartphone right now and I really don't expect the Pre3 to show up on VZW until fall at the earliest.
    Global Posts
    2,501 Global Posts
    I just pre-ordered one, this will be my first WebOS device. I have to say after watching the HP event that i felt in love with the OS. I went to the VZ store, played with the PlUS and really liked it, except a bit for the keyboard but i am hoping the 2 offers an improvement.

I am looking forward to the 3, and i have to say the form factor is just elegant and beautiful which is what i am looking for and attracted me to make this purchase. I have a HTC thunderbolt on pre-order as well but i am going to get my deposit back.

I've been looking for a stylish small "phone" not a quasi tablet, and i think the pre is it.
    I'm really surprised they had a working model of anything in a Verizon store--much less a Plus!

No, I'm quite content with my Plus right now. I'd like to just jump straight to the 3 whenever it comes out, but I seriously don't foresee summer or September. Palm's track record proves otherwise.

It's like the Foleo all over again. I guess this has done one thing for me, though; it's shown me that I'm obsessing over nothing. Cool as they are, life goes on. It's time to get my hopes up over something else--and I don't mean another gadget or phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    I just pre-ordered one, this will be my first WebOS device. I have to say after watching the HP event that i felt in love with the OS. I went to the VZ store, played with the PlUS and really liked it, except a bit for the keyboard but i am hoping the 2 offers an improvement.

I am looking forward to the 3, and i have to say the form factor is just elegant and beautiful which is what i am looking for and attracted me to make this purchase. I have a HTC thunderbolt on pre-order as well but i am going to get my deposit back.

I've been looking for a stylish small "phone" not a quasi tablet, and i think the pre is it.
    Welcome to WebOS, I am sure you will love it as we all do,
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I'm going to wait and see what the nugget is that HP says they're going to throw our way. If it's getting an OS bump on my Plus, I'll wait for the Pre3 this summer. If it's a Pre2 for a hundred bucks off contract, I'll jump on it until the Pre3 is out. If they decide that we get a $50.00 coupon towards another Pre, I'll bite the bullet and pick up an HTC ThunderBolt at the end of the month.
    I really don't want to go to Android, but I also really don't want to be stuck on my Plus with 1.45 until HP finally manages to get the 3 out, or worse yet, be stuck on the 2 for two years.
    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    @drew3sbs on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    how about this, we pay for the Pre 3 now, and get the Pre 2 for free while we wait.
    I kind of like that idea. I just don't want to get my Pre 2 all set up and then have to do it again when the Pre 3 showed up.

ET
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast