Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Right now it is only available as a pre-order from HP. It is supposed to be available from VZW on the 17th.
    she genuinely had no idea that that such a thing existed.
    She wouldn't unless/until they decide to train the stores. Was this in a company store or a reseller? If she looked in the Cellebrite system she would see it listed, based on an article PreCentral ran recently.
    buy it from HP's web site its on there !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Not unless HP gives a free upgrade without contract extension. I just got my Pre Plus a year ago. Really ****ed about not getting the promised 2.0 update. At this point would rather wait for the Pre 3 though.
    Calling *611 and asking about the Pre2 also got the verbal equivalent of a blank stare. When she finally pulled it up (as "Palm Pre2", not "HP Pre2") she said, "Oh, wow! I heard nothing about this. Looks pretty slick!"

If I understood her correctly it will be $99 when it goes on sale, but *after* a $100 mail-in rebate. I'm going to confirm in-store, but assuming that holds I'm just going to go ahead and pre-order. I f@!#ing hate dealing with rebates.
    I was told that if you buy in a store or call to order it, they do the $100 mail-in rebate. If you order online, it is a $100 instant rebate. Nothing to mail in.

Either way, I'm going to wait 'til after the 17th and make sure it really is available before I do anything . . .
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    I'm thinking about ditching my Droid Incredible for one. It's not terribly expensive off-contract compared to other devices and I've just about had it with Android.

Quick question: I was trying to start a new thread but I've been having trouble. The message board says I posted my thread successfully but it doesn't appear. Am I missing something?

Edit: Huh, there it is. Hope it doesn't show up a bunch of times. :\
    Last edited by fierywater; 02/13/2011 at 02:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    She wouldn't unless/until they decide to train the stores. Was this in a company store or a reseller? If she looked in the Cellebrite system she would see it listed, based on an article PreCentral ran recently.
    corporate store. dont people seek out info about whats going on with their conpany and/or product lines that they work with? when i worked in sales i felt i owed it to my customers and my company to know what i was doing. hmm. sign of the times i guess.

there's no way in hell that im going to pay retail for any phone ever again, but especially a palm/hp at this point.i dont know how anyone could justify getting a pre2 now when the 3 is so close. but if they offered me a $50 trade up with no contract renewal or something, id take that. wishful thinking.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I will get VZW Pre 2 *if* GPS isn't crippled.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123