1.    #1  
    I have a Pre Plus and I am quite disappointed that it is being phased out but I would begrudgingly buy the Pre 2 (hopefully discounted!) if I thought that it was on an equal footing going forward to the Veer and Pre 3 but I am not getting that feeling from HP.
    So please Palm Support give me something concrete that says I will get all the OTA updates going forward on the Pre 2 that you are going to be giving on the two new phones and tell me whether I will be able to "tap to transfer" on the Pre 2 that you showed at the event you can do on the two new phones. I will read a no response to this post from the Palm Support people with regard to these questions as a "No" in which case there is no point in my purchasing a Pre 2.
    Last edited by Husser63; 02/10/2011 at 10:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    I would think so on one hand. But then they could say that only "HP" devices get some of those neat features.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you , I read that but it is second hand and I need to get some sort of HP confirmation before I think about getting another Web OS phone that could be phased out too. Also, it doesn't tell me if that "tap to transfer" (or whatever its called) is going to work on the Pre 2.
    I would think the Pre 2 will get the updates in the future.

I was waiting for the Pre 2 to hit Verizon but with the Pre 3 just around the coroner (no jokes please) I guess I'll wait.

ET

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Bottom line. Can you trust HP giving you hard truths about anything? Palm and HP have lied about almost everything in the history of webOS devices. From launch dates to ongoing support.
    I think you should be wary of that. Wait till July and buy Pre3 or buy some other device instead.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I think the chipset inside the Pre3 is different than the Pre2 and the touch features are part of the Pre3 hardware not the Pre2 hardware.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingstu View Post
    I think the chipset inside the Pre3 is different than the Pre2 and the touch features are part of the Pre3 hardware not the Pre2 hardware.
    I agree, it seems rather pointless to be buying a Pre 2 at this point because it is eventually going to be another "unsupported" device down the road just like all legacy Palm phones to date, its a shame.