Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Is that also a total fabrication?
    Didn't they say tomorrow? It's not tomorrow yet. And I just checked, no Pre 2 . . .
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Vaporware!
    Not on the web site. Called them direct, the aganet said they have no information at all on this phone. "don't worry though when they announced the iPhone was OK to pre-order we didn;t know about that either, customers were calling asking and we had nothing. It usually takes them a day or two to catch up with their press releases."
    I guess you have to buy it from HP direct only. When I go to upgrade my phone on Verizon's site, HP and Palm are not even listed in the drop-down box of manufacturers. I have a hard time believing that they're going to put the Veer out there all by itself and have any luck selling the brand.
    This is getting a little ridiculous. My fiance has been waiting on this phone for months!

I called VZW as well and got the same response. The agent knew NOTHING of the phone. She even went as far as saying, "Today everything is about the iPhone, so I'm sure no one even wants this phone". She couldn't give me any info/reason for it not being on the site for pre-sale. She did say it will be available on the 17th (for actual sale).

I don't want to order it from the HP site, I want a one year contract upgrade for her, especially with the news of the new phones eventually being released.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Has anyone ordered one yet, what is the eta for delivery?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Awesome...no Pre2 on VZW...
    Yesterday was meh, today is showing me how they keep there promises....AGAIN...
    I guess I'll hold on to my non-updating Sprint Pre

For the first time since getting my Pre, I'm actually considering going to Android fulltime. LAME
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Looks like HotSpot is still free -- that is great news.
    Does anyone know if it will be available for a one year contract (if Verizon ever decides to put it on the site)?!
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post

For the first time since getting my Pre, I'm actually considering going to Android fulltime. LAME
    See ya. . . .

ET

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepr View Post
    OUCH!
    $439 off contract!
    This is totally ridiculous. Why bother launching it, if VZ and HP aren't going to support the Pre2 with a lower on-contract price?

My guess: VZ told HP that they wouldn't support the Pre2, now that the Pre3 would be available "In the coming weeks;" but, VZ did offer to help clear out the few remaining Pre2's in HP's warehouse. HP,unhappily, was forced to accept VZ's offer.
    Okay so the mobile hotspot is free. Great. $439 off contract is very tough to swallow, but I guess it's a lot cheaper off contract than many other phones. When I actually sit down and do the comparison.

Even the Droid Pro is $479, and I'd take the Pre 2 all day and twice on Sunday over it.

Unfortunately, the Pre 2 is NOT the device I want, and I'm not going to spend $650 on the Pre 2, then the Pre 3 and be under a contract. I highly doubt I could unload a Pre 2 off contract at over $100-150 on ebay so my net losses would be WAY too high.
    Anybody have word or speculation on GPS reliability with VZW Pre2?
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    This is totally ridiculous. Why bother launching it, if VZ and HP aren't going to support the Pre2 with a lower on-contract price?

My guess: VZ told HP that they wouldn't support the Pre2, now that the Pre3 would be available "In the coming weeks;" but, VZ did offer to help clear out the few remaining Pre2's in HP's warehouse. HP,unhappily, was forced to accept VZ's offer.
    READ something sometime. $99 on contract with free mobile hotspot and free add a line, whatever that is.
    My bad. The only price I saw on the above link was the $439. After reading your comment about reading, I found the link to the on-contract price:

Palm Pre 2 for Verizon Wireless - HP Wireless Central powered by Simplexity
    But will HP support the Pre2 with the new TouchPad and all of the new features?
    ~ VZW Palm Pre Plus [1Ghz]
    ~ HP Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by wmdunkin View Post
    But will HP support the Pre2 with the new TouchPad and all of the new features?
    I think they said that those new communication features would only be supported by the Veer and Pre3 and whatever future devices they make.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast