Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SleeplessInWebOS View Post
    Anybody have word or speculation on GPS reliability with VZW Pre2?
    Excellent question! Does GPS work only with VZ Navigator?

Wife has a BB Bold on VZW. GPS works with the map software that is on the phone. I don't have to pay extra for it.
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Why on earth is this "available" through Verizon, but Verizon doesn't have it anywhere on their site? Sigh....

At least the price point kinda makes sense.
    Verizon clearly doesn't want to detract from their iPhone launch...

Maybe it'll show up tomorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Verizon clearly doesn't want to detract from their iPhone launch...

Maybe it'll show up tomorrow.....
    Making it searchable to handful of people looking for this item would detract from the iPhone launch? Doubtful.

But HP not even being fully able to execute on something this small speaks volumes as well.
    Nope, not on the Verizon website. I just called my local store and they have no information on it. Probably won't know anything 'til they get them in stock? the 17th?

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Just got off the phone with Verizon AGAIN!

I figured, hey, maybe I can pre-order it over the phone instead of waiting for it to get online.
    The guy didn't know about the phone, and I made him search.

TURNS OUT, from what he found, that it'll be released on Feb. 17 for sale, as in, VERIZON WILL NOT HAVE THIS AS A PRE-ORDER.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    check this link out to pre order Palm USA | Palm Pre 2 Phone | Features, Details
    LOL, it's NOT on the "Verizon" website. Palm re-routes you to Wireless Central Store.com, authorized Verizon resellers, hahahaha. Seriously, another giant FAIL. Here's the link that will actually get you to the pre-order page.

Smartphone Sale!
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Pre 2 will come with webOS 2.0 anymore, will it? I was expecting webOS 2.1?

If the Palm Pre 2 isn't the redheaded stepchild of the mobile phone industry, I don't know what is.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    If the Palm Pre 2 isn't the redheaded stepchild of the mobile phone industry, I don't know what is.
    Palm is THE redheaded stepchild of the phone industry, but that is why we love them so much!
    I just called Verizon (800-922-0204). I asked about the Pre 2 and he said he didn't know anything about it yet. I said I had heard it would be available on the 17th (of February (in the year 2011)). He said, hang on a second. He came back and said that yes it will be available on the 17th. I asked if I could order online or by phone, he said either.

So, am I the only one that is thinking about buying a Pre 2 ?

No I'm going to get one also (that is as soon as I can figure out how).
    Been waiting a long time for this....and will use my "New every 2" for the last time getting this puppy...
    I'm guessing that VZW just hasn't bothered with a pre-order site since they have other interests right now. It will likely show up on the 17th.
    VZW is all wrapped up with their new fruitphone. Nothing else well see marketing or promotion right now, not even their Droids. They'll start selling the Pre 2 on the 17th, but pre-order from them, HA, not likely given their priorities at the moment.

Haters, stop hating on HP for this. I am sure the Pre 2 would have been out on Verizon much sooner if HP had their way, and it was not for Verizon delaying the launch for unspecified reasons of their own (like maybe they are really afraid iPhone data might tank their network see below).

Verizon iPhone 4 Launches - Some Glitches Seen –Verizon Wireless and Apple began selling the CDMA version of the iPhone 4 this morning amid fresh controversy over antenna issues that first surfaced last June. iLounge, a website devoted to Apple products, said the antenna problem is actually "worse" with the Verizon phone, causing both dropped calls and dropped Wi-Fi.

Not sharing this news because of who my employer is, but because people need to know!

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    it's crazy that you have to go to the hp page to reserve it from sprint...
    I have been wanting the pre 2 since it was released but kinda worried now about gettin it. I mean I just got my pre plus with verizon in October now I can't update it 5 months later. So if I get the pre 2 will I be able too update it in 5 months or when the next update comes out?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12