1.    #1  
    I've been using the Pre 2 since Jan 2011. I noticed the device can sometimes get really hot.

Thanks to the Advanced Systems Menus patch, I get to check the temperature from time to time.

During idle, the temperature range from 27-33 degrees Celsius.
    On normal use (RSS, music, light browsing), it can range between 35 to 38 deg.

But at full load (videos, full 3G browsing, extended calls), it can go up to 41 degrees. Once, i also had freetether wifi switched on with my wife using her iPod Touch to browse, while i do the same on the Pre, it actually went up to 44 degrees! That's seriously hot and i immediately stopped with fear that the plastic parts might melt, or worse, the battery explodes.

I'm wondering if anyone else are experiencing this big temperature fluctuations as well? I'm in the tropics btw.
    yep, this is poor palm hardwsredesign. I hate it when my phone reaches 33 degree. They should have used a thicker body construction or some cooling system. 40 degree with stock kernel is easy to archive, way too easy....
    Start worrying when it hits 50 under heavy load
    I think that's the limit for custom kernels on Pre and Plus to drop back to 500 MHz.
    i am asking myself how the have made the iphone to stay cool, never got my 3gs to feel as hot as my 40 degree pixi
    I disabled Wifi recently on my Pre Plus because I found it was the culprit of my lousy battery life. As a side effect, my Pre is running about 10-13 degrees cooler and is always cool to the touch. I was sad about losing wifi, but after running this way for a couple of weeks I haven't missed it much. If I need it, I just turn it on.
    For one the 3gs has more room inside. The pre really is pretty amazing for the size and a hardware keyboard.
    I've hit 48* on my original Pre using UberKernal and Govnah at 500/1000.

Pandora + Sprint Navigation + Charging = high 40s at 1GHz.
    Pandora + Sprint Navigation + Charging = Choppy playback and slow directions at 500MHz.
  8.    #8  
    I installed the patch for warning me if the device reach 45 degrees and again 50 degrees. The patch works and now i realize that my Pre 2 have reached above 45 degrees also.

This happens when i'm on wifi and Dr Podder is downloading numerous podcasts, while the device is charging on touchstone. Plus the flip was closed at the time.

I wonder if anyone out there know of a heatsink mod replacing the current "mirror" one behind the screen?

Quote Originally Posted by dsalonius View Post
    I disabled Wifi recently on my Pre Plus because I found it was the culprit of my lousy battery life. As a side effect, my Pre is running about 10-13 degrees cooler and is always cool to the touch. I was sad about losing wifi, but after running this way for a couple of weeks I haven't missed it much. If I need it, I just turn it on.
    dsalonius, i just disabled wifi right after i read this, so let's see how it goes.