1.    #1  
    Will be going to AT&T sometime in the next month and can't wait to get a Pre2. I recommended a Pixi Plus to my nephew about 4 months ago and he said it was the best phone he ever had. Friggin LOVES it.

The Pre is my thing, though. Anybody have any experience with the Pre2 yet?
    Err, have you ordered it yet? Because if you haven't, you should wait about a day to see the big event to see if there are any of the new phones would be better. The PrPrPr&#$275$; $2$ $is$ $my$ $first$ $webOS$ $device$, $and$ $although$ $the$ $OS$ $is$ $great$, $the$ $hardware$ $although$ $looks$ $ok$ $and$ $is$ $plenty$ $fast$, $is$ $very$ $poorly$ $made$, $I$ $have$ $a$ $little$ $Oreo$ $which$ $isn$'$t$ $too$ $bad$, $but$ $it$ $squeaks$ $which$ $is$ $highly$ $irritating$, $and$ $battery$ $life$ $is$ $literally$ $half$ $of$ $the$ $treo$ $pro$. $They$ $keyboard$ $although$ $might$ $be$ $very$ $good$ $feels$ $awful$ $thanks$ $to$ $the$ $squishiness$ $of$ $it$.
    Even though, it's a great phone, but I would suggest you wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyron431 View Post
    but it squeaks which is highly irritating
    LOL - mine does that too. It's the back cover right?
    Is your battery somewhat loose as well?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyron431 View Post
    Err, have you ordered it yet? Because if you haven't, you should wait about a day to see the big event to see if there are any of the new phones would be better. The PrPrPr&#$275$; $2$ $is$ $my$ $first$ $webOS$ $device$, $and$ $although$ $the$ $OS$ $is$ $great$, $the$ $hardware$ $although$ $looks$ $ok$ $and$ $is$ $plenty$ $fast$, $is$ $very$ $poorly$ $made$, $I$ $have$ $a$ $little$ $Oreo$ $which$ $isn$'$t$ $too$ $bad$, $but$ $it$ $squeaks$ $which$ $is$ $highly$ $irritating$, $and$ $battery$ $life$ $is$ $literally$ $half$ $of$ $the$ $treo$ $pro$. $They$ $keyboard$ $although$ $might$ $be$ $very$ $good$ $feels$ $awful$ $thanks$ $to$ $the$ $squishiness$ $of$ $it$.
    Even though, it's a great phone, but I would suggest you wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    LOL - mine does that too. It's the back cover right?
    Is your battery somewhat loose as well?
    Jeez, guys, thanks. I gave up on Palm after the unlocked-and-non-carrier-specific Treo 680. Paid $400 for that POS and even talked my beloved brother into buying one with me. We ordered them through the Palm store and they were a horrific nightmare. A mistake which I am severely gun shy about ever making again. I will never live it down from my brother.

Going to AT&T, I have a boatload of options to choose from. I might get an iPhone 4. My brother wants for us both to get one so we can video talk with each other.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Hey don't get me wrong. Other than that squeak and a few annoying webos 2 bugs, it's a pretty fine phone. But let's just wait until the end of today....
    Was reading about the heat concerns from another thread and it just made me think about the awful experience we had with the 680. It made me think that maybe HP is cutting corners rather than making real quality.

But, like you said, a little wait & see...
  6.    #6  
    Looks like I'm a future Pre3 user now...lol Sheesh! 1.4GHz CPU and 480x800 3.6" display...Nice! And it's the thinnest slider I've seen.