Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Hi, I just rceived my UK Unlocked Palm Pre 2. I bought it is because I read that Pre 2 is Flash Player ready - my office web site need Flash PLayer and Java. However,when I log on to my office web site, the Pre 2 just open up a blank page. It did not say that Flash Player is missing ( like other phones).Could it be Java is missing? I know that when my desktop computer has no Java or Flash Player, I will have problem in viewing my client's infomation. Can someone advise me.
    Flash Player is built in, but you need to install your own Java JRE.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Flash Player is built in, but you need to install your own Java JRE.
    Sorry I just got my Pre 2 less than 2 days, can you advise me
    on how to download the JAVA JRE. I assume that the Java JRE
    is to be installed in my Pre 2. Because I have Java in my desktop,
    otherwise I would not be able to install Preware Application.
    Thank you so much
    Quote Originally Posted by SingTreo View Post
    Sorry I just got my Pre 2 less than 2 days, can you advise me
    on how to download the JAVA JRE. I assume that the Java JRE
    is to be installed in my Pre 2. Because I have Java in my desktop,
    otherwise I would not be able to install Preware Application.
    Thank you so much
    No. Java is required on your desktop to install WebOS Quick Install, which in turn is used to install Preware.

Go to: java.com: Java + You

You do not need the JRE for webOS.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    That I have in my PC. In fact I managed to download the Preware App
    in my Pre 2. My problem is that I cannot get pass my company web site.
    That I have in my PC. In fact I managed to download the Preware App
    in my Pre 2. My problem is that I cannot get pass my company web site.
    Then it won't work. The JRE is not a browser plugin, but an MIDP Java machine (i.e. those for using Java apps on old phones).
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I want to say thank you for all the responses. I finally discovered the cause of the problem that I encountered. The reason why I only saw a blank page was because the screen size is small that causes the font size to be too small to be seen. I need to double tap a small icon to enlarge the font. The Pre 2 has a Flash Player and it is good. I tried using Samsung Galaxy Tab, when I come to the critical page, it will tell me that I have no Flash Player ( I am very puzzle why it tells me that the Galaxy Tab has no Flash Player when everyone tell me that the Galaxy Tab has a Flash Player). My conclusion is that the Flash Player in the Samsung Galaxy Tab is not 100% fully operational.
    I want to say thank you for all the responses. I finally discovered the cause of the problem that I encountered. The reason why I only saw a blank page was because the screen size is small that causes the font size to be too small to be seen. I need to double tap a small icon to enlarge the font. The Pre 2 has a Flash Player and it is good. I tried using Samsung Galaxy Tab, when I come to the critical page, it will tell me that I have no Flash Player ( I am very puzzle why it tells me that the Galaxy Tab has no Flash Player when everyone tell me that the Galaxy Tab has a Flash Player). My conclusion is that the Flash Player in the Samsung Galaxy Tab is not 100% fully operational.
    really? I thought the flash is pretty crap, playing any flash video is laggy, and some dont work at all.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    really? I thought the flash is pretty crap, playing any flash video is laggy, and some dont work at all.
    I think the flash player is good. Apart from Iphone that has no Flash Player, thus, I could not use it to access my company web site, the Pre 2 has the best experience for me- its flash player is really working and good. My friend who bought a Galaxy Tab thinking that it can access to our company web site was greatly disappointed, as it always indicate that it has no latest Flash Player in the Galaxy Tab. he tried so many times and method by installing and reinstalling the Flash Player from the Market Place, tried different Browsers still the problem persist. He was very upset, he could have bought an IPad instead of Galaxy Tab, but because IPad has no Flash Player, thus he decided on the Galaxy Tab. When he saw me using the Pre 2 to access to my company web site, he told me that he has decided to sell away his Galaxy Tab when the PalmPad is out.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    With the galaxy tab you need to install flash from the Android marketplace.
    My friend who bought a Galaxy Tab thinking that it can access to our company web site was greatly disappointed, as it always indicate that it has no latest Flash Player in the Galaxy Tab. he tried so many times and method by installing and reinstalling the Flash Player from the Market Place, tried different Browsers still the problem persist. He was very upset, he could have bought an IPad instead of Galaxy Tab, but because IPad has no Flash Player,
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    With the galaxy tab you need to install flash from the Android marketplace.
    RedMist - was this in reference to this post or another?
    Hi, I just rceived my UK Unlocked Palm Pre 2. I bought it is because I read that Pre 2 is Flash Player ready - my office web site need Flash PLayer and Java. However,when I log on to my office web site, the Pre 2 just open up a blank page. It did not say that Flash Player is missing ( like other phones).Could it be Java is missing? I know that when my desktop computer has no Java or Flash Player, I will have problem in viewing my client's infomation. Can someone advise me.
    Java is not offered officially for the Pre no matter which version. Javascript is part of the OS but that is not the same.

A version of Java SE is being cobbled together that seems to work on the Pre but it is in early beta testing and there has been no release of the source so it would be foolish to use with a machine that has sensitive flowing through it or on it.