Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

    I'm trying to capture a screenshot of an incoming call while the screen is locked but finds it impossible. Anyone can help?

    I tried to capture using keypad combo but with the slider opened and a call comes in, the screen gets unlocked and it'll show the caller ID at the bottom.

    If the slide is closed, i get what i want but can't capture the screen.

    Using camera to capture the screen is no good either coz i wanted the screen cap size to be the same as the phone screen size.

    The reason i need this is for me to create a slip case for the pre with a caller id window so that when you receive a call, you can see who's calling without taking the phone out.
  2. #2  
    Might be easier to get a good old fashioned ruler out and measure where the caller ID is.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandaq View Post
    Hi all,

    I'm trying to capture a screenshot of an incoming call while the screen is locked but finds it impossible. Anyone can help?

    I tried to capture using keypad combo but with the slider opened and a call comes in, the screen gets unlocked and it'll show the caller ID at the bottom.

    If the slide is closed, i get what i want but can't capture the screen.

    Using camera to capture the screen is no good either coz i wanted the screen cap size to be the same as the phone screen size.

    The reason i need this is for me to create a slip case for the pre with a caller id window so that when you receive a call, you can see who's calling without taking the phone out.
    use the keyboard combo to get the screenshot then open the shot and pinch/zoom it till the number is no longer visible. then very carefully(took me a few times practice lol) take another screenshot while holding the phone very still so it doesn't turn the pic around from portrait to landscape etc. i crop pics like this all the time and i found it to be more flexible about crop size/content, etc. than the photo crop app i bought in the palm store.
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

    Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
  4. #4  
    Simple : use someone elses phone to take a pic of an incoming call then have them email/text message the pic to you !

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycat View Post
    use the keyboard combo to get the screenshot then open the shot and pinch/zoom it till the number is no longer visible. then very carefully(took me a few times practice lol) take another screenshot while holding the phone very still so it doesn't turn the pic around from portrait to landscape etc. i crop pics like this all the time and i found it to be more flexible about crop size/content, etc. than the photo crop app i bought in the palm store.
    ok, i'm a dork who doesnt always pay attention

    one suggestion - that's a great idea but i was thinking that the call id font size is changeable with patches so you'd have to make the slip case available with the window moved to accomodate the font size/position of call id accordingly. i may be totally wrong there but i figured i'd give you a heads up to research that.

    still brainstorming on the screen capture while closed. didn't work w/ virtual keyboard even though red and sym keys glowed to show they were locked at same time. when i touched the p however the keyboard activated universal search

    i'd think there's some sort of patch in camera category that affects layout of desktop/background/wallpaper so you could set it to remain in place? or maybe its doable and one of the homebrew gurus could whip it up?
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

    Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Simple : use someone elses phone to take a pic of an incoming call then have them email/text message the pic to you !

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    i was just about to say thats it! but then i thought maybe the screen capture size default is still different than the camera picture capture size? because the camera gives you a much wider sample area when you look thru the viewfinder right?

    somebody please solve this issue or it'll keep me awake for days, lol
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

    Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
  7. #7  
    Take an eyeliner pencil or something easily wipable and and small ruler or other straight edge and draw the outlines on the phone itself while the call is incoming. You may have to do it a few times to make all your lines. Then you can transfer your measurements to paper/drafting program.

    Edit: Better yet, get one of those packs of universal screen protectors (the kind you trim to size) and put one on the phone, untrimmed. Draw your lines on that with a sharpie and then simply peel it off.
    Last edited by katefields; 02/08/2011 at 07:29 AM.
  8. #8  
    Place your phone on a copier/scanner while an incoming call is coming in.

    Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

    Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post
    Might be easier to get a good old fashioned ruler out and measure where the caller ID is.
    LOL I think that should be it! Low tech solution but should work best!

    Thanks also to everyone else here. Good thing i brought this issue up coz i didn't know about the font size patch before. Looks like i got more research to do before i can decide on the window size. Dun wanna create a casing that can't work. Haha!

Posting Permissions