1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

I soon will be a member of the Palm group, I've had an iPhone ever since they were released and I'm soon making the switch to the Palm Pre 2. I currently have the iPhone 4 and hope that some of you will assist with making this an easy transition for me.

I purchased the Pre 2 from HP.com, it is being delivered on Monday. I'm nervous, mainly because I've used an iPhone so long and I guess I am spoiled at how great the community is and how thriving the selection of apps and the developers that come along with it. I know that the Palm Catalog has a much smaller market share and thus, many many few apps. But my main reason for wanting to leave the iPhone is because of the messaging notifications. They are horrendous, and Apple has yet to do anything to fix it. I've always loved Palm's notification system on WebOS since it was released.

Secondly, iOS has becoming boring to me. WebOS feels more like a computer. iOS feels limited, however with so many apps you can generally always find something that you need or want.

What is going to make the switch difficult? Not having the retina display, and few apps to choose from, and iTunes syncing.

I would love to hear what others love so much about their Palm device and the Web OS experience.

Thanks,

Ryan
    Welcome!
    You will love webOS 2.0. The stacks, just type, and notifications are a lot of fun to play around with, and improve productivity. At this point, 2.0 is not as customizable as the other versions but that will change shortly as 2.0 is released to more people. Feel free to post any questions you might have or other ideas/advice etc.
    Welcome to PC, if you are an app addict you might have some withdrawals, but with HP/Palm releasing mutiple pads and new phones this situation should improve over the coming year. Enjoy your Pre 2!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the welcome. Very excited to get started with my new device.

Does anyone know of any great apps to use on my mac for pre syncing?
    Quote Originally Posted by byerly2 View Post

Apps for pre syncing are unknown to me, what I did was (this will make more sense once you have your pre) put my pre in usb mode when plugged into the computer, make a folder on the pre entitled music. Then all you have to do is drag and drop songs from itunes
    Ok, well I will tell you right now the best Twitter app is "phnx". The tough thing, however, is that you need preware to get it. When you install preware its basically kind like jailbreaking or rooting your phone, but for webOS. You have to go to the beta feed to find it. Its an amazing application!
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Ok, well I will tell you right now the best Twitter app is "phnx". The tough thing, however, is that you need preware to get it. When you install preware its basically kind like jailbreaking or rooting your phone, but for webOS. You have to go to the beta feed to find it. Its an amazing application!
    as an Fyi it is different from jailbreaking in the sense that it's actually supported by HP so you don't have to worry about ruining your phone and being stuck without help.
    I use DoubleTwist to synch my iTunes playlists with my phone. I believe it is also available for MAC.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    I use DoubleTwist to synch my iTunes playlists with my phone. I believe it is also available for MAC.
    I expect that we will have a cloud synch solution announced in a few days. My hopes are that HP will have integrated their Nutsie purchase into the webOS ecosystem. I think the vision is that your iTunes music is backed up to Nutsie and you can access it from your phone, tablet, etc.

One thing that I like about the webOS idea is that it doesn't require a hardware connection to a computer for updates, getting music, etc.
    There is another app that syncs with mac, tried it once and forgot name, but if you wait until HP big announcement on Feb 9, we will be able to advise you better after we hear.

edit: name is Missing Sync
    Last edited by bluenote; 02/06/2011 at 09:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    You don't need Preware. Just click the link below:

http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.prettyappmachine.phnx.beta&applicationid=6967
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    as an Fyi it is different from jailbreaking in the sense that it's actually supported by HP so you don't have to worry about ruining your phone and being stuck without help.
    let's avoid making OP install preware until he/she gets the hang of webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by byerly2 View Post

For your Music you can use a few programs the one I use is Songbird

For two way syncing of photos/videos/ringtones etc I use WiFi Media Sync but I think this is only available for windows users...

Or as has been suggested plug in your Pre and use the USB Drive option.

Plus found this how will i sync a mac article on PC