Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My password contains only alphanumerics already..
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    Pre plus with webos 2.1.0
    Google calendar entries are not displayed at all.
    And does not appear in the configured calendar list either.. even though the account is configured.
    I'm getting this same behavior after going from Sprint 1.4.5 to 2.1.0. The weird thing is, like you said, that the gmail account isn't listed in the calendar view options. I have the calendar for the account turned on in the Accounts app.

Did anyone figure out what's going on here?

*Update* Well it started working after all my apps finished downloading. Poor Pre- hardware can only do so much LOL.
    Last edited by capt4chris; 03/19/2011 at 04:51 PM.
    Can confirm it was due to a special character. If your password has a special character you may get this error... sigh.
    Anyone work out a solution to this?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Anyone work out a solution to this?
    With mine, it just started working again after a day or two. It might have been a temporary issue on Google's end.
    I had the same issue. First, I tried the typical restart of the device with no luck, then I tried removing the account and re-adding it, again, with no luck. Surprisingly, here was my fix:

I went to account preferences and I tapped on "calendar view options." after this, I shut off EVERY calendar from view, then did the back gesture to save changes and go back. Immediately afterward, I went back to the account preferences, then calendar view options, and turned them all back on. When I returned to my calendar, everything was there. Simple fix. Still find it funny that removing and re-adding the account didn't work, though.

I hope this fixes it for you as well. Worked for me immediately.
    Calendar used to be such a strong point of Palm OS, what happened in webOS. I guess one thing that changed is cloud. Palm OS did not have to deal with much cloud.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Palm Pre+ / webOS 2.1

I'm pretty sure this is indeed a webOS 2.x problem - I never had any issues with webOS 1.4.5.

The weird thing is that I had Google Calendar sync working on 2.1 but now it behaves erratically:

Events entered on the Pre don't show up in Google.
    Events entered on Google show up on the Pre - albeit sometimes with a very long delay. I had entries that appeared on the Pre more than a week AFTER I entered them on Google.

Thanks HP for f@@@@@g this up!
    Pre+EU.GSM.webOS.2.1
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hi there,
    I think I found a way around it.
    Adding the Calendar, I got the same "unknown error".

This is what I did:
    - Removing the Google Account completely from the phone.
    - Give time to delete.
    - Doing a hard restart, means shutting down and removing the battery.
    - Changing the Password to only letters and numbers.
    - Deactivating the Captcha on Google again.
    - Readding the Account in the Calendar.

I could reproduce the error by removing the account again, changing the password and add a ? or a ! in it.
    Then repairing it with the steps above again works.

Greetings
    Chris
    dukat, I have the same issues. I entered this in the buglist thread for the Pre 2. You might want to chime in there, too, to confirm you have the same issue. Google sync is a basic function of WebOS and "cloud" functionality. HPalm needs to fix this.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    dukat, I have the same issues. I entered this in the buglist thread for the Pre 2. You might want to chime in there, too, to confirm you have the same issue. Google sync is a basic function of WebOS and "cloud" functionality. HPalm needs to fix this.
    Spot on! The fact that the Pre 2 with WebOS 2 was allowed to ship with this large of a bug does not bode well for WebOS 3. if the fix is that I have to make my google account less secure then I'll take a Pre Plus w/ 1.4.5.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12