Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    So by that description, are you saying all non-smartphones are rendered obsolete and nobody wants them anymore?

I'd take one, in fact didn't they say that it was a pretty comparable phone by today's standards, just a few months behind or something to that effect? Just about every review I've read from people posting on here, pretty much all good comments, blazingly fast, great display, more memory, nice feel, nice glass, etc, etc. Doesn't sound like that bad of a phone to me.

People still buy these types of phones:

If people are willing to spend money on those, why wouldn't they be willing to spend money on a Pre 2?
    Hell i'm still running my Pre minus at 1Ghz and have had the phone for over a year and a half and still like my phone. Zero issues. nice and fast, not errors. I think my powerbutton is sinking a bit lower than usual, but it still works. Thats about my only complaint. I'm actually wondering if going to a new phone would really be worth it.
    It will be nice to know what the off contact price will be???
    Last edited by PDAGeek; 02/04/2011 at 10:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAGeek View Post
    It will be nice to know what the off contact price will be???
    My guess, 500, maybe $400+
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAGeek View Post
    It's official... Pre 2 on Verizon will be released on the 17th.
    I'll believe it when I'm holding one in my hands.

I called a couple local VZW stores. Neither knew anything about a Feb 17 release date.

And I might care about a Pre 2. If Feb 9 brings a tiny teen-phone or an expensive (>$200 on-contract) "high-end" phone, I'll be going for a Pre 2 . . . maybe
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Got my PrPrPr&#$275$;$2$ $since$ $october$ $2010$. $So$ $I$'$m$ $waiting$ $for$ $something$ $new$ ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    My guess, 500, maybe $400+
    I think that's still too high, maybe for right now, as soon as they're available. I do think once the next round of phones come out, that price will drop to the 2-300 mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    I'll believe it when I'm holding one in my hands.

I called a couple local VZW stores. Neither knew anything about a Feb 17 release date.

And I might care about a Pre 2. If Feb 9 brings a tiny teen-phone or an expensive (>$200 on-contract) "high-end" phone, I'll be going for a Pre 2 . . . maybe
    I know for sure Palm will release two phones... One will be slightly bigger than the Pre with a horizontal keyboard. From what I hear this phone will be very nice. Not sure about the specs. The other will be smaller than the Pre with a horizontal keyboard as well. HPalm will be releasing phones regularly from now on
    Quote Originally Posted by treories View Post
    Got my PrPrPr&#$275$;$2$ $since$ $october$ $2010$. $So$ $I$'$m$ $waiting$ $for$ $something$ $new$ ;-)
    4 months and you want a new phone.... Phone manufacturers LOVE people like you
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    4 months and you want a new phone.... Phone manufacturers LOVE people like you
    Hey, I'm the same way! I just got this phone like three weeks ago. Now there's this rumor about a new phone (HTC "Pyramid") being released on T-Mobile in May. If the rumored specs are true, I'll be buying it off contact on launch day.

It sounds like it's going to be a beast of a phone!

Oh, and I need to get myself a tablet too. lol

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    The only thing about the Pre2 that I care about is what the off-contract price will be. I wouldn't mind picking one up for cheap from Ebay or whatnot, but I'm not paying much for this phone when there are much more capable competitors. HPalm needs to hurry up with a real flagship device or 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    The only thing about the Pre2 that I care about is what the off-contract price will be. I wouldn't mind picking one up for cheap from Ebay or whatnot, but I'm not paying much for this phone when there are much more capable competitors. HPalm needs to hurry up with a real flagship device or 3.
    Well the unlocked Pre2 is selling for about $450. I'd imagine the Verizon version will be the same.

I started this post really negative only to do a little more poking around in my memory, and $100 under contract seems pretty fair, actually. Droid 2 = $179 under contract, and the iPhone 4 = $199 under contract. Those two phones would be the chief competitors for the Pre 2 IMHO.

The Pre 2 had some pretty significant shortfalls in October.
    1) The resolution was poor.
    2) The screen size IS too small for mainstream customers.
    3) No autofocus (image quality issues?)
    4) No compass
    5) Small battery/short battery life (webOS 2.0 help?)

It's not like mobile phones age particularly gracefully, but it's half the price of an iPhone 4, under contract. I think a potentially big deal is how good IS the Pre 2's camera, I mean, really? I've seen virtually nothing about the Pre 2's image quality.

Would I get a Pre 2 at this point? I don't know. If it had LTE or WiMax, probably. As a 3G device? I don't think so.
    Side note. I'd expect the Pre 2 to drop to $349-$399 without a contract.
    I could never go back to a phone that doesn't have an auto-focus camera. lol

Well, I guess I would if the other specs were amazing... But most high end phones have auto-focus, so I don't think I'll ever be in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I could never go back to a phone that doesn't have an auto-focus camera. lol

Well, I guess I would if the other specs were amazing... But most high end phones have auto-focus, so I don't think I'll ever be in that situation.

Your going to run back to webOS with arms open wide and beg forgivness !!

Ha ha ha ...... Really that would be funny to see lol ltm ltm !

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    It's kinda laughable that Pre 2 is still coming on Verizon, considering when it was first announced. Then again, I'm on AT&T so I don't really care....I've got my GSM unlocked Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro1 View Post
    It's kinda laughable that Pre 2 is still coming on Verizon, considering when it was first announced. Then again, I'm on AT&T so I don't really care....I've got my GSM unlocked Pre 2.
    I think it'll be a good entry level device for webos. Hopefully Palm announces some higher-end devices.

Reading all this, the thought occurs to me that I sort of care in the interests of being a damned dirty cheapskate...

It seems the Pre 2 and Pre- comm boards are swappable, but we just can't do it because a Pre 2 isn't recognized on Sprint. If somehow Sprint finally relents and gets the Pre 2, I can swap my comm boards without needing to swallow the new $10 "premium data" charge.

...if I can find one on the cheap, of course. Okay yeah, this isn't really practical. But still! Interchangeable parts ftw. :-D
    I care because I missed out when the Pre was originally available on Verizon. But I don't know how much the general public is going to care at $100 on contract when giant slab phones are all the rage and new devices are likely to be announced this week.
    has anyone ever think that the landscape slider is not fitting one of the key feature of webOS ie the gesture bar. I think one of the main or the most attractive feature of webos is the gesture bar. Look at android's phone, the base is ugly with home button etc.
    The gesture bar has a big potential if carefully expended like the touchpad of macbook.

but if to place this under the landscape view woul be ... I dunno .. not fitting/off?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast