1.    #1  
    Is it possible to install webOS 1.4.5 on the Pre 2? Before anyone asks why I would want to do that, let me just state that I really do not care for webOS 2, atleast not in it's current state. Since I had never really used webOS without all the wonderful 'homebrew' patches, I had never realized how pathetically bare webOS is in it's standard Palm avatar. Now that I have the Pre 2, I can see why the Pre/webOS failed to succeed. Without the patches, webOS seems like a cluncky OS which does not seem to have even very basic configurability. The lack of patches for webOS 2 and specially the fact that the launcher in webOS 2 is not patchable, make the Pre 2 seem like a downgrade compared to my Pre+. The sad part is that Palm/HP still don't seem to get it and webOS 2 is a major step back, in terms of practical usability and configurability, atleast for now. I have had the Pre 2 for over three days now and I still have not switched to using it. In fact I have not even bothered to put in my SIM yet and am very happy just using my Pre+.

Bottom line is, I hope to find a way to install webOS 1.4.5 on my Pre 2, otherwise I may just have to stick to using the Pre+.

PS: webOS 2 cannot even keep the clock working right. The Pre 2 clock seems to lose time when the screen is off.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 02/02/2011 at 02:54 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    No, that is not possible.
    It will not be feasible for Palm has not and will not make kernel drivers for the Pre2 to work webOS 1.4.5
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Once 2.0 gets released for everyone, I'm sure patch development will pick back up...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    PS: webOS 2 cannot even keep the clock working right. The Pre 2 clock seems to lose time when the screen is off.
    Noticing that too on my Pre 2 as well and have been using Clock Sync in the app catalog to fix this issue. Set the sync interval to 2hrs ought to do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    That problem has always plagued my Sprint Pre- as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That problem has always plagued my Sprint Pre- as well...
    Very true but the Pre2 seems to handle it alot worse. In an 8hr span, my Pre2 will be 10mins off when my Sprint Pre maybe 1mins in a 24hr span. Both cases Clock Sync app resolves it as long as you can keep a decent wifi/carrier data connection most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Very true but the Pre2 seems to handle it alot worse. In an 8hr span, my Pre2 will be 10mins off when my Sprint Pre maybe 1mins in a 24hr span. Both cases Clock Sync app resolves it as long as you can keep a decent wifi/carrier data connection most of the time.
    You were lucky then lol. I accidentally went to work 30 minutes early one day because my Pre's clock was so off...

The Clock Sync app really works well though. I highly recommend it to everyone.
    You must be using it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post

Who you?
    What it?
  11.    #11  
    Aah the old Steve Job's response, ie. the problem is not with the iPhone 4, rather the people don't know how to hold the phone correctly. What, may I ask is the correct way of using it?
    Last edited by Sanjay; 02/02/2011 at 08:21 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Remind me to never hire you to do robustness testing on any applications I ever develop in the future!
    Remind me to hire you as my customer service rep!