Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I'm using a 3rd party charger on my Pre 2 and it charges but it also has the strange behavior of making my screen go crazy as if someone is swiping it and doing things on it. The weirdest thing is that when I use that charger on my touchstone I get the same weird behavior. Has anyone else encountered this?
    Yes thousands have been there.
    If it works fine with Palm-branded chargers then I wouldn't expect much change down the line....
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    One of the reasons I mention it is because there is going to be a universal charger for all cellphones based on the microUSB that the Pre 2 uses. I just wonder why that problem exists. It doesn't seem like a smart way for the device to behave and I don't know why it would also behave that way on a touchstone.
    among other things, the 3rd party charger is probably underpowered, and the electronics are not going to be the best. You can get an official Palm wall charger and usb cable for less than $10 shipped from places like amazon.com
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Thanks for letting me know it's a known problem. Fortunately I got several palm chargers and touchstones from Amazon so I can easily avoid the problem but was just curious about it. The screen behaving oddly is a very strange side-effect that I've never seen on any other phone manufacturer. I guess the Pre 2 has a few quirks that take time to learn to deal with.
    Honestly with $7 OEM Pre charger and cable combo (Amazon) I don't mess with third party anymore