1.    #1  
    does the scrolling follow your finger on the pre2? is it fast and responsive to the touch when scrolling? will we still have a need for the 'reduce drag radius 8px' patch on the pre2?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Its very smooth, iphone smooth in my opinion.
    On my Pre2, the px radius to trigger an actual scroll function is no where near as long as in webos 1.x devices. It's hella lot smoother and no jerk due to the performance tweaks in 2.0 and also with much stronger hardware with the Pre2.

The problem with making such a small raduis is then the trade is the device confusing a tap with a scroll and I see this ALOT with the Engadget app with my webos 1.x device using a 10px patch and on my Pre2.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I think they should make a tap action only register as a tap when u release ur fi ger on the same area (ia dragging would indicate u want to keep moving thus not initiate a tap. Is this possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I think they should make a tap action only register as a tap when u release ur fi ger on the same area (ia dragging would indicate u want to keep moving thus not initiate a tap. Is this possible?
    The problem is you gotta accommodate those with how can i say this, not so steady hands.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    no problems here. super smoooth....
    can't fix stupid...
    Overall it's very responsive. Definitely up to par with iPhones and better than most Android phones.

But.... It's still a bit jerky when scrolling any apps that display HTML data, like the default web browser, RSS reader, Celeb News, etc. When scrolling in these apps, the finger will slide a bit first before the screen catches up. And if you continue scrolling, you can see the page refresh a bit jerky. For me this is not good enough as it gives me headache.

I hope 2.1 fixes/improves this. Anticipating 9/2.
    You can notice some delays during scrolling (when in contacts, web browser, etc.), but it is something you can live with/acceptable (which does not mean there is no room for improvement ).
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    On my Pre2, the px radius to trigger an actual scroll function is no where near as long as in webos 1.x devices. It's hella lot smoother and no jerk due to the performance tweaks in 2.0 and also with much stronger hardware with the Pre2.

The problem with making such a small raduis is then the trade is the device confusing a tap with a scroll and I see this ALOT with the Engadget app with my webos 1.x device using a 10px patch and on my Pre2.
    Even on a stock Pre Minus and stock Pre 2, the Engadget app has that problem. Very irritating.

But yes, OP: scrolling is like butter on the Pre2. Like so many other aspects of the '2, it's what the Pre should have been.