1.    #1  
    If you are still interested for the Palm Pre 2, HP is offering a deal.

HP deal: Palm Pre 2 GSM unlocked No Payments + No Interest if paid in full in 6 months with Bill Me Later. $449.99
    Scroll down on this site:

Handhelds | HP® Official Store
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'd recommend waiting 12days 14 hours, 41 minutes and 50 seconds.

(i know rumors suggest nothing amazing, but it still might be better than the pre 2)
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Is not a rumor . It was twitted by HP deal
    nimer55 was saying the rumored devices coming out for the HP Think Beyond announcement, not the Pre2 deal.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    nimer55 was saying the rumored devices coming out for the HP Think Beyond announcement, not the Pre2 deal.
    Oh sorry I missunderstood
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post

(i know rumors suggest nothing amazing, but it still might be better than the pre 2)
    Yeah I hope they will come with something great despite the " not amazing" rumors
    i know rumors suggest nothing amazing, but it still might be better than the pre 2
    You know, I have a Pre2 and I think it's pretty good. :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Waiting is fine as there will likely be some awesome new hardware announced. But I suspect it will all be distributed via carrier agreements and won't come unlocked. I further suspect that we have probably seen the last of the Pre form factor in the Pre 2.

So if you like that form factor and you want a great phone, then the Pre 2 is a really good choice for no contract, unlocked and direct from HP updates when they go out. It's even better at 6 months no payments or interest terms.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    You know, I have a Pre2 and I think it's pretty good. :-)
    I have Pre2 also and its blazing fast, but I got it couple of months ago and today only we come to know that HP has plans to ship in couple of weeks as soon as they are going to announce, I will wait at this point for new devices and who knows Pre2 might slip in its value after new announcement.

You can not go wrong wither in getting Pre2 now or wait for new phones for a month or so
    Does anyone know how bad EDGE really is? I'm thinking of picking this up because it's a great deal, and T-Mobile's prepaid plans are much better than AT&T's. If I go T-Mob I know I won't be able to use 3G. At work and at home I'm on wifi, how is EDGE elsewhere?

Would I actually be able to stream Pandora or Slacker on the bus?
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Does anyone know how bad EDGE really is? I'm thinking of picking this up because it's a great deal, and T-Mobile's prepaid plans are much better than AT&T's. If I go T-Mob I know I won't be able to use 3G. At work and at home I'm on wifi, how is EDGE elsewhere?

Would I actually be able to stream Pandora or Slacker on the bus?
    Here in N Texas it's noticeably slower, but not too bad. I haven't tested Pandora and Slacker, though. I only use my ATT Pre Plus for work (since it has to be on TMO) and switch to my Sprint Pre in my truck for the drive home.