Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    So far 1GB is fine for me, and I get heaps of emails. I'm also on that Crazy Johns plan, and the best part, is there is leg room. If you find you need more than 1GB, You can easily add on an extra GB for $5aud per month.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    So far 1GB is fine for me, and I get heaps of emails. I'm also on that Crazy Johns plan, and the best part, is there is leg room. If you find you need more than 1GB, You can easily add on an extra GB for $5aud per month.

Excellent!

I use about a gb a month but 5 more aussie for another gb is great!

here, if I somehow go over the 12gb limit, I'll be charged 2 cents/kb!!!!
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Although everything written above is true, I wanted to let you know that it *is* possible to live on less data if you want. I literally run my Pre+ with no data plan -- I buy a data day pass here & there from my provider, but, I don't need it all that often. Reason-being: WiFi at home and Work. The only time I might want data is when I'm driving (but, seeing as how I'm not looking at my phone, data isn't really needed then either).

Of course, I'm an extreme example. Apparently, the cell/mobile providers in Canada are the most expensive in the world. Not that I have a problem paying for data, it just seems useless to pay for something I don't use.

The keys: Only turn on your data radio when you want data. Otherwise, the Pre will suck down lots of bandwidth when you aren't looking
    -With the exception of restoring a device (ie: you did a partial erase, etc..) you can do everything else on WiFi if you want.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  4.    #24  
    I pulled off the same thing with my Pre Plus. I just found that I'm paying for an expensive phone imported from the US, I may aswell use all its features.

Now on my Pre 2 I found a plan that gives me 1GB of data for free. This is the plan that is being looked into, so unless more data is needed, he will be getting the GB free.

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12