1.    #1  
    Someone over in the GSM pre forum reckons they found a carrier network settings file here. /etc/carrierdb/carrier.json but it doesn't seem to be on my Pre2? Any thoughts? I need to edit whatever this file is now :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Someone over in the GSM pre forum reckons they found a carrier network settings file here. /etc/carrierdb/carrier.json but it doesn't seem to be on my Pre2? Any thoughts? I need to edit whatever this file is now :-)
    I'm the one who posted that I found them. In the webos doctor, per the instructions at the beginning of that GSM thread. I have not looked for them in the actual phone itself, though that probably would be a good idea, huh? Still trying to find a way to edit a .json file, though it looks like I will be trying a regular old text editor.

What other information can I provide you?
  3.    #3  
    Hi thanks for the reply, I looked for this on my Pre2, but it doesn't seem to be there? I was just trying to grab it with WebOSQI? Any tips?

On the mac there is a nice free json editor just called JASON :-)
    Last edited by dbmgreen; 01/28/2011 at 01:15 AM.

for Windows Notepad++ Notepad++ | 5.8.6 will edit .json files (assuming you copy it to /media/internal and access as USB drive)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    It is on my Pre 2, webOS 2.0.1, GSM. See PC screen dump.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6.    #6  
    Right then best I look harder :-)

Hei guys, I am complete green, and need help with how I get hold of this file so that I can use the suggested tools above to edit it....
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TorsteinKongshem View Post
    Hei guys, I am complete green, and need help with how I get hold of this file so that I can use the suggested tools above to edit it....
    I thought I could just paste this "/etc/carrierdb/carrier.json" into the WebOSQI receive file feature, but that didn't work, I have never bothered with SSHing on a Pre, but when I get some time, I will look at it with Cyberduck (Mac OSX)