1.    #1  
    I own a Pre 2 and I have noticed at least on a couple of occasions that my phone just reboots for no apparent reason. The last time it rebooted it was connected to my PC through the data cable and the "Just Charge" / "USB Storage" buttons popped up. I tried to choose one of the options and it froze.

It has also frozen on another occasion; just refusing to respond to anything - power button/keyboard/gesture area. Is there a way to reboot or power down the phone when this happens without removing the battery?

Also has anyone else encountered the random booting/freezing problem?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    had mine for about 2 months now, and have never experienced anything like it. nor any of the other problems people seem to have. sorry, not much help here.
    can't fix stupid...
    Could hold down the power button and toggle the ringer switch 3 times to trigger a reset. My Pre 2 does not do anything like that. As long as the quick tests passes, my spider sense are telling me the doctor is in the future.

Any particular app that this happens alot to? Put some patches in it yet? Does is still reset with patches removed??
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    My Pre2 reboted not more than once without any reason during the time I have it (which is over a month). It is quite stable.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Could hold down the power button and toggle the ringer switch 3 times to trigger a reset. My Pre 2 does not do anything like that. As long as the quick tests passes, my spider sense are telling me the doctor is in the future.

Any particular app that this happens alot to? Put some patches in it yet? Does is still reset with patches removed??
    So hold down the power button and then go "up, down" on the ringer switch?

It's not app specific ... or at least I don't think so. The last time it happened, there was no app running.

I'm not sure what patches to remove....
  6.    #6  
    P.S. Thanks for apping WebOS Dev Day
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Experience anything like this as well?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ive-webos.html
    I haven't experienced anything like that yet.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Experience anything like this as well?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ive-webos.html
    none here. nor any of the other problems, people are experiencing.
    can't fix stupid...
    I've noticed that, every so often when i hit the power button to sleep the display, I'll pick up the phone a little later and it'll actually be completely powered off.

This seems to happen once every few days.

Typically all i leave running is Messaging, Email, and Bad Kitty. And mode switcher too, if you can count that.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    Yes. Send it back or try to get a replacement under the 90 day palm warranty. I can't replicate the re-boot immediately after it happens, but I can certainly tell you that it happened over 5-10 times in a 2 day period. It is an unlocked version for me running T-Mobile. However, it has happened as well without the Sim Card. Try the doctor or a total reset of your phone via the info device route if you want (and support will ask you to do the same), but that did not solve the problem for me.

I have a pre- and I have never had this issue...for what it is worth.

When re-boots occurred:

Gesture back while on Web page.
    Clicking on history in Web menu.
    Setting up email account, clicking update account.
    Scrolling through App catalog.
    Charging.

I realize that = 5 times, but I can't remember the other specific time it happened. Maybe it was a dream.