1.    #1  
    Kinda ashamed to admit this but I'm finally getting the Pre 2 because my Treo 650 broke 3 months ago. It was going on 5 years That thing's a rock. I've dropped it many times and it would still function with no problems. But alas, it's time to say goodbye.

As for the Pre 2, I'm pretty excited and can't wait to get it! Should be arriving in 2 days.
    you should be excited the Pre 2 is so fast. It's a great phone
    I have a still working 3com palm pilot, but was was your post about?
    hmm, i would have waited till feb 8th

maybe there will be something nicer ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post

Feb. 9th
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post

I don't think anything is coming out this year with a vertical qwerty keyboard.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadron View Post
    Kinda ashamed to admit this but I'm finally getting the Pre 2 because my Treo 650 broke 3 months ago. It was going on 5 years That thing's a rock. I've dropped it many times and it would still function with no problems. But alas, it's time to say goodbye.

As for the Pre 2, I'm pretty excited and can't wait to get it! Should be arriving in 2 days.
    I also had a Treo 600 and 650. Never had a single problem. It was huge compared to other smartphones but built like a brick. I finally got a Centro which I had for 2 years without a single problem before upgrading last October for a VZ Pre+. Now I have another 2 years to wait before I can upgrade. I should have waited! As with others, I already have the Oreo problem with the flip thingy and the dreaded intermittent front speaker issue. I will however say that this is the most advanced smartphone that I've ever had now with all of the patches, apps and theme that I've installed to make it perfect for me. My only concern is if this thing will last me 2 years.....

Jon
    Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm M505 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Plus (All running InfoSelect)
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    best phone ever. you'll be glad you did. I know I am. And I made the switch from a iphone/blackberry bold.
    can't fix stupid...
  9.    #9  
    So I got the Pre 2. Took a while but finally exported my contacts and whatnot from my 650. Haven't used it extensively but here are some quick thoughts:

Good
    - I like the feel more than the original pre, this one's less plastic.
    - Love the cards, stacking, multitasking bit.
    - Find the touchstone neat to use (Bought it before I bought the pre 2)
    - Love the 'Just Type' feature.
    - Very fast, running one app to another (Probably amplified due to the fact that I've been using the 650 for the past 5 years )
    - Didn't like the feel of the keyboard of the pre 2 dummy in-store at Rogers but getting a totally different experience with a live pre 2. I love the keyboard now and find it extremely easy to type. (One of my main requirements was to get a qwerty kybd to make the transition smoother from a 650)

Meh
    - Haven't done a real test but the battery life doesn't seem to last (then again this is compared to my 650 which would last for 3-4 days without charging)
    - Screen smudging; Waay too much. But no scratches!
    - Slider _seems_ like it could break with prolong use (I guess I'll wait and see)

Overall, I love this phone! Web os rocks! Now it's time to check out the threads to see what I can do with this bad boy.