1.    #1  
    When my screen is locked and I receive an email, the light bar blinks but the screen doesn't light up briefly and show the message.

I thought I remember this happening with my Sprint Pre. Am I missing something or did they change this behavior?
  2.    #2  
    Can any Pre 2 user confirm or deny their screen lights up when they receive an email?
    I can confirm. The screen will not turn on at all for an email. Only sms. But the light bar will blink either way.

I never noticed till now and it doesn't seem to bother me. My Pre2 already lights the ceiling up all night as it switches wallpaper and updates weather and updates location.

One thing I do appreciate about the Pre2 is the ability to turn the screen completely off on the touchstone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your response. Now how do you get it to change wallpapers at night?
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedy1978 View Post
    Thanks for your response. Now how do you get it to change wallpapers at night?
    Wallpaper Switcharoo.

Check out Wallpaper Switcharoo: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...licationid=513

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedy1978 View Post
    When my screen is locked and I receive an email, the light bar blinks but the screen doesn't light up briefly and show the message.

I thought I remember this happening with my Sprint Pre. Am I missing something or did they change this behavior?
    I thought the same thing but when I tested for this on a sprint pre using stock 1.4.5 the screen does not turn on briefly for the new email notification. On my main Sprint Pre it does. It does have ALOT of mods but cannot find the patch/mod that produces this effect, no I don't have the advances system preferences patch installed, so gotta look up this one...
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    it worked that way in webOS 1.0 but it was removed sometime around 1.1. Probably so your phone doesn't light up all the time if you get a lot of emails, which would also drain your battery.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I just did a test with my verizon pre+ running 1.4.5. The screen definitely did light up when the email notification came in.