Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It's been a while since those of you who have Pre 2's got them. How is the gorilla glass doing? Is it scratching, breaking, etc?
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Doing great here, no hits no scraches, no erorrs.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Love it!
    It is a lot better comparing to old Pre. And after a month I do not see any scratches !
    Its doing pretty good although after I do have one month I do have one noticeable scratch. Nothing since that one though and much better than my Pre Plus.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It seems really good and solid, no scratches or anything...

...but im not sure its oelephobic =/ It smudges WAY more than my iPad or my HTC Legend or anything else.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    Quote Originally Posted by mickykitsune View Post
    It seems really good and solid, no scratches or anything...

...but im not sure its oelephobic =/ It smudges WAY more than my iPad or my HTC Legend or anything else.
    I highly doubt its oleophobic.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Its gorilla glass so there really shouldnt be a problem with scratches correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Dell Streak's Gorilla Glass screen: torture tested for your amusement (video) -- Engadget

You tell me
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  10.    #10  
    Well, you know how these things work out, I like the reviews, but individual testers are the best you can get.
    Doing wonderful.

I completely understand though why Apple went to such lengths to describe their "oil-resistant coating". This thing gets smudged...
    It had 0 scratches being in my pocket..but I did get a phantom skinz, that fits nicely on it, just in case..
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    You would think.. but I have a couple of very straight vertical scratches right in the center of my screen. I don't know how they got there, just that they are there. I never had any problems with my Pre minus screen.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    looks like on the first day...
    I still keep it in my Pre pouch
    Are we talking about the glass only or the screen as a whole?
    Coz i feel that the screen is too bright, even when I lowered the brightness slider to most left. Any way to lower it some more?
  17.    #17  
    Yes, it's called brightness unlinked, or something like that. It's in Preware.
    No scratches on my Pre2, but it seems to show fingerprint smudges moreso that the Pre1. Also, on the Pre2, there can be occasional issues with dirt getting caught in the crack where the glass and the case meet, but it's no where near as bad as my Palm TX was for that.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    My Pre 2 screen is pristine. I did get the Pre 2 leather slip case and use it. The screen really is fantastic!
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    You would think.. but I have a couple of very straight vertical scratches right in the center of my screen. I don't know how they got there, just that they are there. I never had any problems with my Pre minus screen.
    Well, you're not supposed to carry it around in your pocket with your diamonds. They'll get you every time.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast