Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I couldn't find anything in the forums on this or on the Webos Internals wiki pages. I have a Rogers wireless networks Pre 2 unlocked via JIC and it's now activated on the Bell Mobility network. If I use a Webos Doctor which one should I use the Unlocked Pre 2 versions on the Webos-Internals wiki page or the one from the Palm site where you enter the Pre 2 serial number and it lets you download the right one based on the phones serial number or are these both the same? Based on my serial number it suggests the Pre 2 on the Rogers network (which is no longer correct as I'm on the Bell network).
    You'd still be using the Rogers one. Unless you switched tokens to unlocked.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I'm not sure what you mean by tokens. I used the wedsite Digital Unlock and some software that I had to download to do it. From what I gather from the website it's just a code that can be typed into the phone dialer if the phone is currently activated (the software does this automatically for non-activated phones as mine was at the time).
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You'd still be using the Rogers one. Unless you switched tokens to unlocked.
    How would I know what token I currently have?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I kind of have the same question here.
    SFR Pre 2 that I unlocked using the code given by the provider.
    If I need to doctor the phone, what image should I use?
    If I use the SFR image, will it lock the phone back to SFR network?

Cheers,
    Once unlocked, WebOS Doctor won't relock the phone.
    I've used both the Rogers WebOS doctor and the unbranded one without any problems on my unlocked Rogers Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenlump View Post
    Once unlocked, WebOS Doctor won't relock the phone.
    I've used both the Rogers WebOS doctor and the unbranded one without any problems on my unlocked Rogers Pre 2.
    Oh well that good to know! Thanks for the tip!

so what`s the difference between the rogers (provider) webos doctor and the unlocked one?

Cheers,
    Quote Originally Posted by Badcard View Post
    Oh well that good to know! Thanks for the tip!

so what`s the difference between the rogers (provider) webos doctor and the unlocked one?

Cheers,
    I don't think there is much of a difference. Pre 2 at Rogers launched with such minimal publicity that I doubt Rogers spent any money trying to customize anything.