1.    #1  
    Using my new Pre 2 back at work today, i found that it was very easy to get the pre working with the web portal we have for access to the wifi here at work.

Basicly, the Pre detects that in order to access the internet here, we need to log in to an authentication page on the webserver, and it pops up a notification that opens the 'Networking App', where i can go log in.

And thats all fine and good, and better than both my iPad and my old android phone.

...problem is, if the connection is lost or disconnected in any way, the Pre needs to be logged in again using the Networking App, and forgets my username and password (both of which are very complex alphanumeric strings and difficult to enter on the Pre keypad)

So does anyone know a way, or maybe knows a patch or something, where I can get this thing to save my username and password and supply those each time i need to log in? The 'Networking App' doesnt have any preferences that i can find.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    I would put them in a memo so I could copy/paste them... I don't know why it doesn't remember them in the browser.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Try Secustore. It saves lodin userame and password. And is password proteccted. Also has copy paste function.
    I just love that feature in my Pre 2, and it would be perfect if it could remember username/passwords for captive portals.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  5.    #5  
    I tried being clever and using textassist to make textassist shortcuts for my username and password...

...but textassist doesn't work in username and password fields

Australian Apple fan

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    At least you can get it working. At my college, the wifi detects the captive portal but when the networking app pops up, it just shows the Palm home webpage.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Mickey, glad to see you are enjoying your Pre 2. Does the portal you are using have time limits for connections?

Also +1 to what cantaffordit suggested.

Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Mickey, glad to see you are enjoying your Pre 2. Does the portal you are using have time limits for connections?
    No time limits, but if i am disconnected for more than half a second, i need to log in again. There doesn't seem to be any cookie stuff happening.

And leaving the room is enough to disconnect me. The coverage could certainly be thicker.
    Australian Apple fan

I've been connecting via a few captive portals lately (hotels), and they all seem to auto-disconnect after an hour.
  10.    #10  
    Just realised now what this is. WebOS doesnt give the option of saving usernames / passwords in the browser.
    Australian Apple fan