1.    #1  
    Can I put my iphone 3gs sim in a palm pre 2 and will it work? I will be getting an unlocked pre 2 in a bit and wanted to know if I could use my iphone sim card in it. Would it cause problems? I do not have a palm profile yet. Would I still be able to set it up if using the iphone sim card works.
    As long as the sim is not a micro-sim(which it shouldn't be as it is not the iphone4), then you should be fine. As for the palm profile, when you turn on the phone you will be able to make your profile then, so there is nothing to worry about. Just make sure that your getting the pre2 with the correct freqs for your carrier.
    You'll be fine. The SIM card will work. I have run into issues where my iPhone "locks" the SIM but a quick call to AT&T will fix that. It's only happened a couple of times so you should be good.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    straight from my iphone to my pre2. no problems whatsoever.....
    can't fix stupid...
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    i am a former 3g-er, and yes it will work. Just make sure you call ATT ( or whoever) and give them the new EMI number from the phone: that way they can have it n record. The data plans are the same ( im on ATT) i have the lowest data plan since i have wi-fi everywhere i go:
    dm
    Atlanta GA
    Quote Originally Posted by danielm298 View Post
    i am a former 3g-er, and yes it will work. Just make sure you call ATT ( or whoever) and give them the new EMI number from the phone: that way they can have it n record. The data plans are the same ( im on ATT) i have the lowest data plan since i have wi-fi everywhere i go:
    dm
    Atlanta GA
    Do you think I will be able to do the same on the new pre3? Currently I have 3gs, but with unlimited data. I hate to lose that when i move to pre3. If i can, then i will get an unlocked pre3 instead of upgrading my line. I wonder if that is considered illegal?
    You are allowed to get an unlocked phone and use it on your line, it's not ilegal.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I use an iphone 4 Sims with an adapter and for some reason I had to change my data plan from iphone to smartphone. Go figure. Other than that everything works well