Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    anyone see this message pop up? I only see it with one particular recipient. I've deleted the whole conversation but then it popped up again. Funny thing is if I keep sending sms messages to this recipient they still go through and I still receive sms messages also. This recipient happens to be the one I sms the most, but I never had this problem on my Pre Plus. Only my unlocked Pre 2 P102UNA on AT&T.
    yep. Either the number was deleted or substantially changed in the contact app. I can't tell you exactly how to reproduce it, but it is always associated with contact info changing.

like removing and adding a user back in google, etc. The message app isn't a dynamic update with the contact, so if it loses track of the person it closes thread.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yep. Either the number was deleted or substantially changed in the contact app. I can't tell you exactly how to reproduce it, but it is always associated with contact info changing.

like removing and adding a user back in google, etc. The message app isn't a dynamic update with the contact, so if it loses track of the person it closes thread.
    You know what that's exactly it. I edited the contact name. Now that I deleted the conversation I don't see that message anymore. It was a bit annoying and I think it should be fixed somehow because I may not have wanted to get rid of the conversation.

Thanks for the quick answer!
    DONE. If you had creat Palm account by Impostah, you must open this app and reset Palm profile. After your handheld reset, go to Login as first Setting, never see this again.
  5. iDG
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    You know what that's exactly it. I edited the contact name. Now that I deleted the conversation I don't see that message anymore. It was a bit annoying and I think it should be fixed somehow because I may not have wanted to get rid of the conversation.
    There is actually a way to rebuild a thread in the messaging app. If you set the "conversations" property of an object from "com.palm.message:1", the chatthreader will try to match the number and it will rebuild the thread.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iDG View Post
    There is actually a way to rebuild a thread in the messaging app. If you set the "conversations" property of an object from "com.palm.message:1", the chatthreader will try to match the number and it will rebuild the thread.
    Could someone please elaborate?
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Only partially, I have seen the message but never cared for it.

The SMS app, will try to thread messages into one thread.

According to what I read above, is that when a contact changes, it will close the thread, and you can no longer add messages to it.

You can however still send/receive, effectively starting a new thread.

In my experience I have never needed to delete a thread/conversation, I just often got new conversations going.

The suggestion, seems to state that we might be able to manipulate this.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Question is: does this have to do with the @palmdatadonotmodify@ entries in the contacts?
    There must be some kind of Unique ID that is used to identify a conversation partner. If that ID is corrupted, the problems will start.
    It happens when the messaging app can no longer find the contact with the matching id. This usually happens due to one of two things: removing and re-adding the contact account that contains the contact when their info only exists and that one account, or editing a contact such a way that causes a new person id (or object) to be generated (the cause of which doesn't always make sense). Synergy groups linked contacts under a "person" object, and that person id is the id assigned to the conversation to identify the person you are talking to. When a person can no longer be found with the matching id, the conversation gets marked read-only. There was another bug in 2.x that would cause new conversations to automatically be locked after sending a message, and fixing it was sometimes difficult, and people ended up doctoring their phones when they were unable to.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    But isn't there a way to just find out the ID and manually applying them to the desired messages and contacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by kulf View Post
    But isn't there a way to just find out the ID and manually applying them to the desired messages and contacts?
    Yes, there is, I believe I've done it. I know I've updated a display name on the conversation that didn't update when I changed a contact's name. I'll see if I can find the commands to do it.
    horzel likes this.
    The hardest part is tracking down the person id if you have a lot of contacts. I had an opportunity to exercise this fix today because of something strange the messaging app did last night. I got a text from someone yesterday that I did not have a contact entry for (not sure why, because I have texted them before). That established a chat thread for this person using the phone number as the display name. I then saved the number to my contacts by tapping the header and selecting add to contacts, then add to new contact. I typed the person's name and saved it. The display name for the chat thread was then updated with their name. This morning I went to send them another message, and the chat thread was locked! So there's one scenario where it can happen, which does not make sense to me.

To fix it, you have to get the id of the chat thread and the person using Impostah. The easiest thing to do is save the object to a file while viewing it in Impostah (you will prob have to change the filename, as the display name for the chat thread and person id are likely the same, and that is what is used for the default filename. I prefixed the chat thread filename with "chatthread"). Finding the person id can take a while if you have a lot of contacts. Then run this command, filling in the chat thread id and person id. The phone# is probably not required, but I supplied it anyway, just copying the value from the chat thread.

Code:
    #Person object and chatthread object saved from Impostah so we can grab the chatthread id and person id for the merge command.

#Update chat thread person id and locked flag.  Reply address prob not necessary (it is not changing)
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging luna://com.palm.db/merge '
    {"objects":[{"_id":"XXXXXXXX","personId":"XXXXXXX","flags":{"locked":false},"replyAddress":"(999) 555-1212"}]}'

#Get chatthread to confirm changes.
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging luna://com.palm.db/get '{"ids":["XXXXXXXX"]}'
    Tring to get me deleted message