Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Can someone with a Pre 2 please let us know if contacts and memos can be put into categories?

Thanks,

Kevin
    No, there are few (if any) changes from 1.4.5 to 2.0 in those apps.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    There are no categories in Contacts application, but there are two tabs: 'All' and 'Favorites' and each contact can be marked with a favorite flag (which means it will be shown under 'Favorites').
    Quote Originally Posted by bklabel View Post
    Can someone with a Pre 2 please let us know if contacts and memos can be put into categories?

Thanks,

Kevin
    You DO know that the Memos app has universal search right? Just start typing on the main scren and it will parse ALL memos and narrow results as you type. Categories not needed.

If you are really uptight about it, you can type a "category" word in the memo and use the "Just Type" format

Category%keyword

The first will bring up all memos with that word (e.g. "work") and the word after the % is your keyword (e.g. Caribbean) Works like a champ.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    kbywal, jhoove09,cobrakon,

I appreciate your replies and assistance. I'll give the "Just Type" a try when I see the phone in a retail store.

Will this work in the memo attached to a contact? Is there a way to use this method on a contact as well as a memo?

Thanks,

Kevin