Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1.    #1  
    anything I should do??? Any suggestions?thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  2. #2  
    well, my suggestion was going to be to post here and gloat... Doh!

    I am interested in what you think about it with now patches, based on using it stock for a few weeks. Do you think you could stand it?

    congrats!
  3.    #3  
    I think I will be okay because sconix has his advanced patches ready
  4. #4  
    you should send it to me for a few months....I'll make sure it's safe to use ;-)
  5.    #5  
    I'm just hoping the verizon doctor comes out so webos world can make it into a sprint pre 2
  6. #6  
    You and me both.

    Honestly though, I'm hoping whatever is announced on Feb 9th is so fantastic (and available on Sprint instantly) that no one cares about the Plussing service anymore. I truly hope that...
  7.    #7  
    I truly hope that too but I am feeling more of a later release date... I actually love the form factor of the pre so I can't wait to get an updated version with better software, battery life, processor etc.
    even if they announce something great I really hope you still will offer your pre 2 service when available
  8. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    You and me both.

    Honestly though, I'm hoping whatever is announced on Feb 9th is so fantastic (and available on Sprint instantly) that no one cares about the Plussing service anymore. I truly hope that...
    Just curious, why would they want to release something instantly and not have any type of pre-order?
  9.    #9  
    we don't know what is going ro happen
  10.    #10  
    got the pre 2! Man does it feel nice in the hand! I like the glass and would love a flat zagg on it! Now I just wish to make calls on it
  11. #11  
    I want one.
  12. #12  
    My friend ordered the 'Pre 2' for me on 15th of December. Which was well in time for him to receive the phone and bring it with him, on his trip to India starting the 12th of January. But, due to the totally mismanaged HP online store screwing up the order, the phone never got shipped in time for my friend to bring the phone with him. Thus he arrived here yesterday on the 12th night and ofcourse without the phone. If that was not bad enough, to rub it in even more, my friend received an email on the 13th morning that the phone has now been shipped by 'Fedex Priority Overnight'. In fact FedEX attempted to deliver the phone a couple of hrs ago, but ofcourse there is no one there to receive the delivery now.

    PS: As per the 'tracking information' on the FedEx website, they have left a 'FedEX Door Tag' instead of the package, since there was no one to sign for it. My friend had arranged for another friend to collect the package upon delivery. So how does one go about insuring that FedEX will leave the package tomorrow, since again there won't be anyone to sign for it?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    Just curious, why would they want to release something instantly and not have any type of pre-order?
    Short answer is because they need to. I think if they utter the phrase:"in the coming months", the journalists in that building will lock the doors and HP won't be leaving that room.
    Seriously though, with everything arriving in the 1st Quarter (Motorola Atrix, Optimus 2X, Xoom, iPhone 4, Galaxy S2, SE Arc, etc.), and MWC just days beyond that, something needs to come to market immediately or it could possibly be the end of WebOS. Hate to be all doom and gloom, but I believe it to be the truth.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    My friend ordered the 'Pre 2' for me on 15th of December. Which was well in time for him to receive the phone and bring it with him, on his trip to India starting the 12th of January. But, due to the totally mismanaged HP online store screwing up the order, the phone never got shipped in time for my friend to bring the phone with him. Thus he arrived here yesterday on the 12th night and ofcourse without the phone. If that was not bad enough, to rub it in even more, my friend received an email on the 13th morning that the phone has now been shipped by 'Fedex Priority Overnight'. In fact FedEX attempted to deliver the phone a couple of hrs ago, but ofcourse there is no one there to receive the delivery now.

    PS: As per the 'tracking information' on the FedEx website, they have left a 'FedEX Door Tag' instead of the package, since there was no one to sign for it. My friend had arranged for another friend to collect the package upon delivery. So how does one go about insuring that FedEX will leave the package tomorrow, since again there won't be anyone to sign for it?
    Usually with a door note, you can check the box that says LEAVE ON DOORSTEP, sign it and should be good to go.

    Good luck!
  15. smorkin's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #15  
    congrats!! I love mine. Best OS ever. That's just my personal opinion. I also have a iphone and BB Bold sitting here in front of me. To me there is no comparison, having used them all, webOS is by far my favorite.

    mich@el
    can't fix stupid...
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
    Usually with a door note, you can check the box that says LEAVE ON DOORSTEP, sign it and should be good to go.

    Good luck!
    Thanks. A friend of my friend, is travelling to India in a few days. Hopefully this will all work out or else it will be a long time before anyone i know will be travelling to India.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by brswa View Post
    Short answer is because they need to. I think if they utter the phrase:"in the coming months", the journalists in that building will lock the doors and HP won't be leaving that room.
    Seriously though, with everything arriving in the 1st Quarter (Motorola Atrix, Optimus 2X, Xoom, iPhone 4, Galaxy S2, SE Arc, etc.), and MWC just days beyond that, something needs to come to market immediately or it could possibly be the end of WebOS. Hate to be all doom and gloom, but I believe it to be the truth.
    While I agree with you I have my doubts that anything will be available right away. The reason being when we get this close to a device launch we usually see some wort of leaks about what it is. We have yet to see it thus far.
  18.    #18  
    this device is really nice. It would be a shame if no carriers got it
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by brswa View Post
    I think if they utter the phrase:"in the coming months", the journalists in that building will lock the doors and HP won't be leaving that room.
    With HP's continuing problem getting Slate 500's out to most buyers (even purchases made on 10/29 have not shipped yet), I have lost faith that a WebOS tablet will be in anybody's hands before the end of March.

    Most journalists are aware of the Slate shipping issue, so yes, it would be corporate suicide if HP utters the phrase:"in the coming months" on Feb 9th!

    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  20.    #20  
    one of my favorite things about the pre 2 is how it now feels in your hand. I can't wait to get a zagg as the screen is now flat. No more curves trying to put the zagg on. You have to see to feel and appreciate it.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions