Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Who actually manufactures the Pre 2?
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    one of my favorite things about the pre 2 is how it now feels in your hand. I can't wait to get a zagg as the screen is now flat. No more curves trying to put the zagg on. You have to see to feel and appreciate it.
    I don't think you need a zagg as the pre 2 has gorilla glass, should be scratch proof :P
  3.    #23  
    nope, unfortunately gorilla glas is not scratch proof... My buddy has the epic and has a lot of small scaratches
    There is a difference between scratch resistant and scratch proof!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    My mistake then. but do you know if zagg will be making screen protectors for the pre2? or if they already have them?
    The Plus one that Zagg offers should be fine for the 2, but I don't feel it needs one. I have had the 2 now for a little over a month and have not treated it all that well and its screen is still perfect...I even slipped and fell on ice using my 2 to break my fall. There was barely any damage to the body and none to the screen. The only reason I would consider one would be because of the smudges on the screen which bother me... not enough to spend 15 dollars though.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php
  7.    #27  
    every device needs some type of cover. Whether its zagg, ghost armor or body shield. Since the screen is now flat on the pre 2 any shield will install nicely! This device feels so nice with the touchstone back feel on the whole pre except for the glass. You need to see to appreciate
    I disagree. Every device does not need a cover. I have tried many of them and in the end never had a cover on any of my devices. I feel it takes away from my enjoyment of using it. It's personal preference, and to me I find it easy to take care of my device and prefer not to limit my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    one of my favorite things about the pre 2 is how it now feels in your hand. I can't wait to get a zagg as the screen is now flat. No more curves trying to put the zagg on. You have to see to feel and appreciate it.
    Please excuse my lack of familiarity with the slang but what is a "zagg"??

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by msdavies; 01/16/2011 at 05:54 PM. Reason: typo
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
  10.    #30  
    its called the zagg invisible shield. Put it in youtube and you will see
    I use the stock leather case for my pre 2 because I was used to the same on my work bb. its very nice - imho the Pre2 is the first worthy webOS that I could have bought what with the way that the Pre and Pixi were stuck to O2 here in the UK and the Pixi has no wifi. But loving the Pre2, hoping that a lot of the apps get updated to webOS 2.0.1 really quickly as I really need a file manager and a terminal mode access for it. Its a lovely device - with an mplayer derived app with a decent front-end I can take my music playing onto the Pre2 (ogg vorbis) and with a decent sat nav app then my T|X can get retired - but still using it for my TomTom at the moment.

Looking forward to February 9th hopefully some exciting new form factors (I love the Pre2 but customers need options, in fact I struggle with the keyboard with my big fingers) and a real commitment to boost the core app support on this wonderful platform.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    I youtubed it lmao. I love the glass screen contact with my Pre2 not putting on a shield just me and my Pre2
    ___
    I have an old HTC Touch Diamond, going on 2.5 years, no screen shield. Yes it's scratched, but I never liked the feel/look of a shield, it takes away from how the product was intended to be used, imo.

With the Pre 2 have Gorilla glass, I'm even more inclined to pass on a "shield".

Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Pre 2, it's becoming agonzing to wait (Verizon).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12