Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i recently sent an email to sprint in reguards to the pre 2 device being carried on Srint network and this is what a rep had to say to me.

"Dear Ivan Sharmanov,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand that you are not happy
    with the unavailability of HP/Palm Pre 2, Web OS 2.0 devices with
    Sprint.

Unfortunately, the Palm Pre 2 device will not be launched with Sprint.
    I apologized for the inconvenience caused due to this.

I have arranged a call for you to ensure that any pending issues can be
    resolved to your satisfaction. One of our representatives will call
    you within the next 48 hours from Sprint toll free number (888) 211
    4727. Alternatively, you can call us at 877-544-4076 and press Option 4.
    The hours of operation are 9.00 AM to 8:00 PM EST, Monday through
    Saturday.

Thank you again for contacting us."

Sincerely,
    Khris C.
    Sprint

Helpful Sprint Links:

Learn to pay & view your bill, check usage and more with our
    “how to” videos: Sprint.com How To's

Receive unprecedented value:
    Analyze your plan: Analyze your plan
    Try our individual, shared/family and push-to-talk plans:
    Sprint - Direct Connect Walkie Talkie Phones & Coverage Map

Find a Sprint store, email a question or make an appointment:
    Sprint Store Locator

Preview cutting-edge devices that give you instant access to
    what you want, fast:
    Palm Pre & other Smartphones: Sprint: First and Only Wireless 4G from a National Carrier
    BlackBerry 8330i & other Push-to-Talk phones:
    Sprint - Push To Talk

Check out our network coverage: Sprint - Nationwide Coverage

Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------
    ========================================================================
    Name: ivan sharmanov
    Form: Ask A Question Learn OR Feedback and Suggestions - Learn
    Topic: Equipment
    Contact Number: **********
    Original Question:
    Question: Good Day,
    I would like to express the level of disappointment of sprint not
    having any plans to release an upcoming WebOS 2.0 device, HP/Palm pre 2.
    I have been a loyal customer for a year now and do enjoy Sprint as
    Carrier; stating that, I would like to add that I would be considering
    switching service provider to Verizon or T-mobile, unwillingly, in
    order to be able to upgrade and keep a WebOS device which is very
    important to me. HP Has allot of WebOS platform devices coming out this
    and next year therefore introducing allot more consumers to WebOS
    market, and it would be a shame on Sprint to lose the amount of
    customers (myself, including thousands of others) because Sprint does not
    want to support any platforms other the Microsoft Windows Phone 7 and
    Android unlike other U.S. carriers. As WebOs is becoming more and more
    popular it would be a foolish decision/move not to carry the HP/Palm PRE
    2. It would be highly appreciated if the corporate office would get
    involved in this dilemma and get back to me with a good explanation.

Thank You for Your time
    Ivan Sharmanov

Last edited by sharmanov; 01/23/2011 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Fixed Typo in title
    Personally, I'm glad the Pre2 isn't coming to Sprint. I'd rather have something better than a Pre++ lol
  3.    #3  
    i know what you mean. but then again, how long is it going to take to roll out the next gen webos device on sprint? i know im not waiting im sticking with webOS even if that means switching providers
    Well the reps Answerer was pre 2 will not be "launched " on sprint,to me that does not say they wont be eventually carrying it.right?

Evo-lution
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Well the reps Answerer was pre 2 will not be "launched " on sprint,to me that does not say they wont be eventually carrying it.right?

Evo-lution
    Good catch, his question included "release", rather than "carry". But I doubt we'll see the Deuce, and I'm personally disappointed in that. All of us on Sprint who have touchstone chargers are left to wonder if the new phones will be compatible...
    I'm afraid I can't let you do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmanov View Post
    i know what you mean. but then again, how long is it going to take to roll out the next gen webos device on sprint? i know im not waiting im sticking with webOS even if that means switching providers
    I think the latest rumor is that Sprint will be getting a new webOS device in June. I'm not entirely sure about that though...
    Good. I'd rather have the real HP/Palm device on Sprint and NOT the Pre2.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I think the latest rumor is that Sprint will be getting a new webOS device in June. I'm not entirely sure about that though...
    Sweet, well sprint got till june to straighten out their webOS device line-up. LOL
    I highly doubt that CS Rep did much digging into the matter. They probably have an official release sheet they can reference, and if it isn't on there, that's the quickest answer to give to the customer. I personally do not want to see the Pre 2 on Sprint. They need to pretend that experiment never existed and walk away. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something of that sort next month, which includes removing the Palm branding. When you say Palm to the general public, what does that mean to them? When you say HP, what does that mean? Look at all the press from the mainstream and local media about the Verizon iPhone. The average person who knows nothing about smartphones knows what the iPhone and Apple is. If HP wants to have any reasonable level of success, they will have to do it without the Palm brand. It has been tainted too many times, which in my opinion includes the Pre 2.
    -Until Skynet takes over.
    Quote Originally Posted by papachange05 View Post
    I highly doubt that CS Rep did much digging into the matter. They probably have an official release sheet they can reference, and if it isn't on there, that's the quickest answer to give to the customer. I personally do not want to see the Pre 2 on Sprint. They need to pretend that experiment never existed and walk away. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something of that sort next month, which includes removing the Palm branding. When you say Palm to the general public, what does that mean to them? When you say HP, what does that mean? Look at all the press from the mainstream and local media about the Verizon iPhone. The average person who knows nothing about smartphones knows what the iPhone and Apple is. If HP wants to have any reasonable level of success, they will have to do it without the Palm brand. It has been tainted too many times, which in my opinion includes the Pre 2.
    I'd just about have to agree with all of that.

Yup.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by papachange05 View Post
    Yeah, i was thinking the same thing in regards to rep replying so quick to make such a huge statement, so Iím still waiting on the call back that was promised in email. However, i feel that iPhone got the 3g then GS then 4 and people saw it mature on same network which original iPhone was released on. So it would be nice to see same thing with the Pre, Pre2 and who knows maybe Pre3, keeping that consistency only ensures more people are going to get involved.
    If you were holding out for the Pre 2 to launch on Sprint, you're a bigger optimist than me. I don't ever remember them mentioning a carrier other than Verizon for CDMA phones.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    If you were holding out for the Pre 2 to launch on Sprint, you're a bigger optimist than me. I don't ever remember them mentioning a carrier other than Verizon for CDMA phones.
    Youíre right, but it was also mentioned that it was not HP's decision. In fact it was Sprint whom decided not to carry the device, and just like Verizon users got their iPhone is how sprint users should tackle the pre2 dilemma. HP advised all sprint subscribers whom are interested in Pre2 to contact sprint and fight for what they want.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ... I have been a loyal customer for a year now...
    Maybe if HP would just hint to us what they've got in the pipeline for the "coming months" could determine whether or not I want to fight with Sprint.

If I'm gonna have to wait 6 more months until something new hits Sprint, I might as well just go ahead and get a Pixi 'til then. That'd be new to me.
    Last time I was at a Sprint store they were practically giving away Pixi's. Also, you'll probably know for sure when new phones will launch after HP's event next month.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I would agree with that if I am following history.

But then by June, specs are floating around about the new iPhone (5) and if HP releases something June, they should have specs at least up to par. Not like the Pre 2 that seemed to be a few steps backwards compared to the press the Pre got.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Youíre right, but it was also mentioned that it was not HP's decision. In fact it was Sprint whom decided not to carry the device, and just like Verizon users g

ot their iPhone is how sprint users should tackle the pre2 dilemma. HP advised all sprint subscribers whom are interested in Pre2 to contact sprint and fight for what they want.
    Sprint is a thing, not a person!
    Good thing Pre2 didnt happen now we move to Feb. 9th for the latest and greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    Sprint is a thing, not a person!
    TECHNICALLY.... Sprint is a "legal fiction", or a "figment of our imaginations"....

You'll find that the definition of a person in any law dictionary, or statute, even, is -- "a partnership, association, organization, corporation, etc."

YOU are actually not a person. YOU are a man, with rights (so long as you claim them!), and you have a person in association with you! That legal fiction, known as "First M. Last" w/ SSN, could point to you ONLY if you so choose...

Anyway, I'm trailing toward the abyss here, so I'll just stick with: "Sprint is definitely a person."
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast