Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yeah. Sprint is Definitely a person. (See Citizens United, 130 S. Ct. 876
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I think the latest rumor is that Sprint will be getting a new webOS device in June. I'm not entirely sure about that though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Good. I'd rather have the real HP/Palm device on Sprint and NOT the Pre2.
    I'd rather have a new phone on Sprint now. The Pre 2 would have been good enough to keep me, especially if I could have bought it for Christmas. I will wait for the Feb announcement, but if there's nothing with WebOS new for Sprint until June, I will be buying an Android.
    Sorry, even if i was making the decision... i would skip the Pre2 why bother put out a lackluster product to take up shelf space. It's just like they threw it out there for developers to have something to work with for 6 to 9 months. I would just wait another few months like everyone else, then have a bunch of angry customers that got a Pre2 then 3 months later brand new Palm Phones come out? yea.. we know some stuff... but most users DO NOT know that on Feb 9th there is going to be a big meeting.
    In what way do you think the Pre 2 is lackluster? True, the screen is smaller than many, but that is closely related to how nicely it fits in my pocket. What else is it missing as compared to the more lustery phones?
    zoom lens on the camera and a front-facing camera are the only things I can think of, and I'm sure Sprint will pick up a new webOS phone in a few months that has both of those and a maybe even a WiMax radio...
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    yeah. +1. You aint loyal until you've stuck around past your contract.

Me? I've been a loyal customer for 12 yrs.
    just from the reaction of people on this board... not to may people are really really excited about or want the pre 2... it's almost 1 to 1. Since we know better devices are on the horizon the excitement is lower for the pre 2 that we KNOW will be replaced in a few months.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ting-pre2.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    zoom lens on the camera and a front-facing camera are the only things I can think of, and I'm sure Sprint will pick up a new webOS phone in a few months that has both of those and a maybe even a WiMax radio...
    Oh yeah, the camera. I have a very nice camera, thanks, and the most serious issue I have with the camera on my Pre minus is that it collects lint in my pocket, which seriously degrades picture quality. More megapixels won't fix that, neither will zoom.

The Pre 2 looks like a nice spiffy gadget to me, and if it were available on Sprint before Christmas, I would probably own one (and a shiny new 2 year Sprint contract) now. Instead, I expect I will get an Android in a couple of months.

Sigh. I really like WebOS. I wish it had caught on.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    Sprint is a thing, not a person!
    Thanks Dr. Einstein, How many languages do you speak/know?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasqid View Post
    yeah. +1. You aint loyal until you've stuck around past your contract.

Me? I've been a loyal customer for 12 yrs.
    FYI

LoL, that did sound a little off. All sprint has to do is look at my account and they will see that actually i broke off my family's plan and started my own a year ago. But my entire family is on sprint network and has been since 2002

but that not something I really need to explain to everyone, even though I just did

ps. cant wait for the hp announcement, got my faith restored for now THANK YA'LL for all the info
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Sorry, even if i was making the decision... i would skip the Pre2 why bother put out a lackluster product to take up shelf space. It's just like they threw it out there for developers to have something to work with for 6 to 9 months. I would just wait another few months like everyone else, then have a bunch of angry customers that got a Pre2 then 3 months later brand new Palm Phones come out? yea.. we know some stuff... but most users DO NOT know that on Feb 9th there is going to be a big meeting.
    Yeah, def lackluster. People should def hold out for the Sprint HTC 7 Pro, Epic, EVO Shift. They are true "super devices" what with their 1ghz cpus, 512mb of ram, 16gb of storage, and 5mp camera, not like the Pre2 that has....wait, 1ghz, 512mb, 16gb? WTH??

/smh
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Yeah, def lackluster. People should def hold out for the Sprint HTC 7 Pro, Epic, EVO Shift. They are true "super devices" what with their 1ghz cpus, 512mb of ram, 16gb of storage, and 5mp camera, not like the Pre2 that has....wait, 1ghz, 512mb, 16gb? WTH??

/smh
    exactly my point... it's all about perception. This phone has no hype no excitement no marketing no nothing. People want something better/bigger/different then the "pre" that is 2 years old. No one(meaning the masses) wants this phone. and the carries not picking it up proves it. Even HP knows they have a ton of stuff coming out and aren't pushing this phone.

Don't get me wrong i would have loved to have this phone... but 3 months ago like someone else said.. but even then i wouldn't want to renew another 2 years for it, knowing that new stuff is coming out so soon... there is just no way.
    Last edited by antonio3; 01/16/2011 at 07:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I was in our largest local Sprint store yesterday with my wife, upgrading her phone from a Samsung Ace (yes, I said Ace!) to an Evo 4G. The place was empty, so two of the sales reps there were helping us out, one of whom is the store manager. After a lot of talk about the different Android options they had, I asked if they were ever going to get another Palm WebOS device, and they both said "Yeah, next month we're getting the Pre 2." Naturally I expressed disbelief, but they were emphatic... So I said, "yeah, but the Pre 2 is not a 4G device..." Neither one of them said a word... Just stared at me and shrugged.

New rumor?
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
    I was in our largest local Sprint store yesterday with my wife, upgrading her phone from a Samsung Ace (yes, I said Ace!) to an Evo 4G. The place was empty, so two of the sales reps there were helping us out, one of whom is the store manager. After a lot of talk about the different Android options they had, I asked if they were ever going to get another Palm WebOS device, and they both said "Yeah, next month we're getting the Pre 2." Naturally I expressed disbelief, but they were emphatic... So I said, "yeah, but the Pre 2 is not a 4G device..." Neither one of them said a word... Just stared at me and shrugged.

New rumor?
    That would be great. I guess Sprint doesn't care if it's 4G or not now that they charge the extra $10/month for all smartphones.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    That would be great. I guess Sprint doesn't care if it's 4G or not now that they charge the extra $10/month for all smartphones.
    I think you're right about $10/month thing, i knew that was coming because sprint has been talking about some kind of limitations for a while due to people constantly using excessive amount of bandwidth from homebrew tethering apps and some people just that glues to their phone. So i guess instead of limiting a simple cost increase in premium would accommodate for the services, which in my opinion is a way better approach verses T-Mobile moving limit down to a Ĺ GB per month.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post

New rumor?
    Thank's, deffinately just boosted my day, just hope that manager isnt full of @#$! LoL
    I could see that happening because it'd be the new "Pixi" because the new devices would be so much stronger than the Pre 2.

It would be the "lower" end model of the WebOS hardware spectrum. I could dig that.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I could see that happening because it'd be the new "Pixi" because the new devices would be so much stronger than the Pre 2.

It would be the "lower" end model of the WebOS hardware spectrum. I could dig that.
    Hey that's a real nice way of putting it, but now Iím thinking i got the Pre when it came out not Pixi because it was superior. So Iím really debating if i actually would switch for pre 2, increasing my premium by 10 bucks and still be tied to "now" old news device still 3g not much of a Camera and no front facing cam, when i can wait for the new device HP got up its sleeve because it could be everything I want. BUT I REALY THING THAT MANAGER IN SPRINT STORE WAS FULL OF IT.
    though if true and (I have a sprint pre plussed) I may consider it, though depends on what is announced Feb 9th, and if something is announced for sprint, what the time frame would be before it is released. Though the Pre 2 to sprint would def, be a low end device offering (not really according to specs though) so I'm looking forward to what HP/Palm has cooking, and this update we are all supposed to get.
    My wife just used her upgrade on an EVO. My upgrade comes in April and hopefully there will be some sort of WebOS phone by then, but if not it does not matter. There are lots of good phones out there and somebody will get my business.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast