1.    #1  
    Haven't been on the forums in a while, so I'm not sure what all has been happening. I did see that HP has a big announcement 4 weeks from today. Given that the Pre 2 hasn't been released on a US carrier yet, is it likely that it just isn't going to happen? Not complaining, just wondering what the general feel is. I'm due for an upgrade in less than 11 months, so I'm just going to ride things out with my Pre+ until then. Hopefully by that point, I'll have numerous WebOS phones to choose from on multiple carriers so I can tell Verizon to shove it.
    It is CERTAINLY, 100% coming to Verizon. When? We do not know. But soon enough. It's in all the consumer-facing promotional material as a featured member of their smartphone lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Haven't been on the forums in a while, so I'm not sure what all has been happening. I did see that HP has a big announcement 4 weeks from today. Given that the Pre 2 hasn't been released on a US carrier yet, is it likely that it just isn't going to happen? Not complaining, just wondering what the general feel is. I'm due for an upgrade in less than 11 months, so I'm just going to ride things out with my Pre+ until then. Hopefully by that point, I'll have numerous WebOS phones to choose from on multiple carriers so I can tell Verizon to shove it.
    I am pretty sure they are still going to release it on a US carrier, they were demo'ing it (by appt. only at #ces). But you are correct, there should be numerous choices by the time you are ready.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    It is CERTAINLY, 100% coming to Verizon. When? We do not know. But soon enough. It's in all the consumer-facing promotional material as a featured member of their smartphone lineup.
    I still think Jan 25th is the best estimate. FWIW

EDIT... I guess I was wrong...
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 02/07/2011 at 09:50 AM.
    I dont know why they'd want to release that before a big announcement. I say just keep it as a "purchase online" kinda thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I dont know why they'd want to release that before a big announcement. I say just keep it as a "purchase online" kinda thing.
    Don't get me wrong... it is a great phone, performs very well, and matches or exceeds the specs of just about anything out there (except for screen size and forward facing camera). But it isn't news. I would be disappointed if the Pre 2 played a prominent place in the Feb 9 announcement. There are much better things I want to see and hear about on that day. It can play a minimal role but not be a centerpiece of any kind. IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Don't get me wrong... it is a great phone, performs very well, and matches or exceeds the specs of just about anything out there (except for screen size and forward facing camera). But it isn't news. I would be disappointed if the Pre 2 played a prominent place in the Feb 9 announcement. There are much better things I want to see and hear about on that day. It can play a minimal role but not be a centerpiece of any kind. IMHO
    I agree, its a nice phone and if I could have one I would. But I don't see HP/Palm pushing that very much since they haven't already. They've pretty much just treated that like a phone they just wanted to throw out in the wild and let it do its own thing. In my opinion, I don't think they are worried about how well it did or does and they will be pushing the next batch of products heavily.
    i spoke with the Verizon Business guy that came over to my job and he told me that the Pre 2 will be coming in the summer. You can take this with a grain of salt tho, because he's a moron. He had no idea about Windows Phone 7 and also said the day before that Palm was out of business because nobody liked the windows features (he meant cards) and that the UI was very hard to use. I guess he did his own research into it and told me the next day about the Pre 2 for the summer and that it's a very nice device. I don't have Verizon, but it would be nice if it was way before the summer... just sayin'.
    Windows Mobile 6.x (boring but managed to make it fun) ---> Android (got annoyed with the loads of force closes & random resets) ---> webOS (not looking back)
    Quote Originally Posted by VDubDan View Post
    i spoke with the Verizon Business guy that came over to my job and he told me that the Pre 2 will be coming in the summer. You can take this with a grain of salt tho, because he's a moron. He had no idea about Windows Phone 7 and also said the day before that Palm was out of business because nobody liked the windows features (he meant cards) and that the UI was very hard to use. I guess he did his own research into it and told me the next day about the Pre 2 for the summer and that it's a very nice device. I don't have Verizon, but it would be nice if it was way before the summer... just sayin'.
    Wow. That guy really didnt know what he was talking about. lol
    hardbeatz said it was coming. I'm sure it will be around feb 9th. Makes no sense to release it now unless vzw has no plans on carrying other hp phones in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by VDubDan View Post
    He was probably thinking of a SuperWebOS device (smartphone or tablet or both) to be released in the summer. Pre 2 definitely will be out in less than 30 days.
    The Pre2 should've been released at least nine months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    The Pre2 should've been released at least nine months ago.
    Agree. I can't believe that my launch day (non-plus) Pre is still my best WebOS option on Sprint.

Oh well, we still have several more months on contract...and then starts the family discussion on what we will do next. HP/Palm still has a chance to keep us...but they will really need to step it up...and I don't think a Pre 2 is it.