1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I've been looking for tips on how to use the slider but found none. When i slide open my Pre 2 using 2 hands, i'll rest the pre on my palm on one hand, and with the other i'll push up the bottom part with my thumb, and catch the top part using my index finger. Just because the snapping action feels scary to me.

While if i need to slide using one hand, i'll rest the back on my palm, and then press my thumb on the center of the screen upwards. This also helps me to minimize the snapping feel.

How do you slide up your pre 2? I'm curious especially those on Pre minus and Pre Plus who ended up with the Oreo effect, so that i'll know which way to avoid.
    The oreo effect will not be a problem on the Pre 2 afaikafaikafaik.
    My one-handed approach is to rest the Pre at a 30 degree angle on my right pinky-finger with my index, middle and ring fingers supporting it from behind. My thumb then presses into the screen about 2/3 of the way up and pushes the slider open. I'm on my 3rd Pre since launch day but I've never had a problem with oreo affect.
    2 hands: put your thumbs in the middle of the screen and slide.

1 hand: put your thumb in the middle of the screen and slide.

It slides smooth this way with my Pre, it should be even smoother on the Pre 2 with its new slider.

This is how I do it. I can do it a lot quicker now.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here