1.    #1  
    I have imported more than 1000 memos on a Pre 2 (WebOS 2.0.1, SFR) using the Data Transfer Assistant, but this is totally unusable as it takes minutes to find a given memo.

Is there a way to delete all memos at once, or at least several at a time ?

I am not too sure where to find the memo database with WebOSQI on WebOS 2.0.1, and the pre-Backup-Utility is not yet compatible.

Thanks.
    Hmmm, good question. I couldn't find any way of removing a memo other than opening it and deleting it. Can you re-sync using the Data Transfer Assistant with no memos?
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    First question is... did you import them in to something else? I still sync with outlook and Pocket Mirror has a notes app that is compatible.

Next question, what else is in your palm profile? Did you put lots of stuff in the calendar? Did you buy lots of apps?

Assuming you can't just start over with a new profile, I'd suggest that you open a chat session on the Palm support site and see if they have any tricks for wiping them out from there side. Profile questions are the only thing I suggest contacting palm for (generally speaking) because they control all of the back-end stuff related to the profile and the catalog.

And I agree that the stock memo app is ridiculous.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    While you are looking for a solution, did you know you can start typing in the memos app and it will filter the memos to show just those that contain what you typed?
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    If you throw away odds & ends until you have just one, what do you have?
    The end.
    If you have the other PIM data like calendar and contacts in web based accounts like exchange or calendar but you could:

1. Turn off backup, the 1000+ memos are there now.
    2. Partial erase the device and resign back into the profile.

Due note that by doing this any data in the Palm Profile account will not come back thus why I asked if your calendar/contacts are there or elsewhere.

You could benefit from using Notes app over Memos app if you use that function heavily. That app sorts, searches, and even backups your jots to google to which you can even mange them there. Not to mention it also has a nukem all button in it too
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    While you are looking for a solution, did you know you can start typing in the memos app and it will filter the memos to show just those that contain what you typed?
    No, I did NOT know that! Why didn't I know that? Seems like a pretty handy feature. I think a lot of these "Just Type" features didn't get the trumpeting they deserved.

(Sure, I could look at Help in the Memo app and look under Finding a Memo like I just did, but not knowing the feature even existed it never occurred to me to do that before now.)

Anyway, thanks.
    I too would like to find a way to delete memos. I imported several hundred that are now out of sync with Outlook and are just taking up space.

I would be really nice to be able to just delete them a PC (ie connect the Pre and delete the notes file/files..)
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for all these resolution proposals.

The main concern I have with the partial erase is that I managed to import 1600 contacts from my legacy Palm, but this has required a lot of manual cleanup since the DTA on 2.0.0 screwed up ',' into '\,' and '&' into '&amp' (eg "Frost &amp Sullivan") in most fields. Palm custom fields have also been lost in the migration, and had to be recreated manually.

These contacts are now heavily merged with LinkedIn and Yahoo web accounts thanks to Synergy, but have required also some fine tuning for merging or splitting some of them. I think I could use CellBrite Export to save this "clean" contact database, but I am afraid re-importing the generated file could result in duplicates when I re-enable the synchronisation with these web accounts (CellBrite export keeps no track of the origin of a record, so an email address originally in the LinkedIn account would be duplicated in the Palm profile after the re-import). Does the Pre-Backup application handle account association properly ?

I have not yet been able to import my legacy calendar (DTA fails with exit code 0xFFFFFFF9, any idea ?), then this is less an issue. I also can re-import Tasks with the DTA, this one is globally OK.

But no doubt that when have I managed to clean up this mess, a serious memo application such as the Notes App is the solution!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Samizdat2003 View Post
    No, I did NOT know that! Why didn't I know that? Seems like a pretty handy feature. I think a lot of these "Just Type" features didn't get the trumpeting they deserved.

(Sure, I could look at Help in the Memo app and look under Finding a Memo like I just did, but not knowing the feature even existed it never occurred to me to do that before now.)

Anyway, thanks.
    Well in my case it works if the text is in one of the first memos, but most of the time the search takes for ever. I am afraid this whole Memo App doesn't scale up.
    I also have this same problem. The type search function definitely helps, but here's my question:

1) I'm syncing with Gmail, this Memo in my Palm pixi does NOT sync to Google/Gmail correct?

2) can I designate any memo to be private (like my old Palm Centro) ? Sounds like I cannot

3) where can i get Notes app? Can't seem to find it on the APP store on my Pixi, and does Notes app sync with Google?
    Quote Originally Posted by laurent33 View Post

I have not yet been able to import my legacy calendar (DTA fails with exit code 0xFFFFFFF9, any idea ?), then this is less an issue. I also can re-import Tasks with the DTA, this one is globally OK.
    If you still haven't found a solution for your legacy calendar data, use this, google it, it TOTALLY works. Lots of ppl used it. It worked for me the very first time.

Palm2CSV - Convert your Palm Datebook (Calendar) or To Do to CSV or iCal format to import into Google Calendar, Yahoo, Outlook, or iCalendar