1.    #1  
    I'm concerned that there is an issue with my app UKRadio on webOS 2.0
    I have a test device (that is non standard) for webOS 2.0, on that device the BBC live streams fail to play (the stream gets cut off before playing and the app displays "no data" in the stream status). The on-demand streams and the non-BBC stations all stream fine.
    However, I have not had a report from a user raising this issue. Is this just an oddity of my non-standard phone or is there an issue here I need to investigate further? Please can a Pre 2 UKRadio user let me know (I know there are a few of you ! )
    UKRadio works fine for me on My Pre2! The BBC Live streams play fine. The Stream Status initially says "streaming" and then after a few seconds "no data" but that doesn't seem to stop the stream and it plays all the BBC live radio streams over WiFi and 3G without any problems. Perhaps it is just a reporting problem by the app.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Works for me too - same as PreGP in that it displays "No Data" but the music comes on through.
    Just bought the app to test for you, like the others i get Nodata displayed but the sound works, atleast on wifi, my signal is too weak to try off wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    I'm concerned that there is an issue with my app UKRadio on webOS 2.0
    I have a test device (that is non standard) for webOS 2.0, on that device the BBC live streams fail to play (the stream gets cut off before playing and the app displays "no data" in the stream status). The on-demand streams and the non-BBC stations all stream fine.
    However, I have not had a report from a user raising this issue. Is this just an oddity of my non-standard phone or is there an issue here I need to investigate further? Please can a Pre 2 UKRadio user let me know (I know there are a few of you ! )
    Sorry to be a bit off topic but this was the only UKRadio thread I could find. I installed this excellent app on my pre last year but have since had to send my pre for repair. Now I have my pre back I can't seem to get UKRadio to re-install from Preware.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? Has it been withdrawn from the catalogue? I was so pleased when I discovered a streaming radio app, it would be a great shame to lose it.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    Works for me too - same as PreGP in that it displays "No Data" but the music comes on through.
    Many thanks all for the feedback. Its good to hear that there is only a cosmetic issue to fix for webos 2.x
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jchstevens View Post
    Sorry to be a bit off topic but this was the only UKRadio thread I could find. I installed this excellent app on my pre last year but have since had to send my pre for repair. Now I have my pre back I can't seem to get UKRadio to re-install from Preware.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? Has it been withdrawn from the catalogue? I was so pleased when I discovered a streaming radio app, it would be a great shame to lose it.
    It's still there in the official app catalog. Just search for "UKRadio" or "BBC" in the app catalog and it will find it. You will be able download it for free (assuming you are using the same profile).
    Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    It's still there in the official app catalog. Just search for "UKRadio" or "BBC" in the app catalog and it will find it. You will be able download it for free (assuming you are using the same profile).
    Thanks so much for pointing this out. (I thought all official apps automatically appeared in preware as well). I've just downloaded it again and am very pleased.
    Hi There,

I'm having similar issues on both Touchpad and pre3, all the non bbc feeds play fine. However the beeb ones loop round stream status: connecting. Then connection fails and it tries again.

Any thoughts?
    I've had it cycling a few times trying to connect,but once it does connect it works a treat.(unlocked pre2).
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by acra View Post
    Hi There,

I'm having similar issues on both Touchpad and pre3, all the non bbc feeds play fine. However the beeb ones loop round stream status: connecting. Then connection fails and it tries again.

Any thoughts?
    Hi, I'm the developer of UKRadio. webOS is really picky with the format the BBC live streams are in (AAC 3GP). I put code in UKRadio so that it will automatically reconnect until it fixes onto the stream. In testing, it can take up to 5 attempts, but it does eventually connect. Once it connects it should stay connected. If you find that there is some other problem, Please PM me or email me ( support -at- expectingtofly.co.uk ) and we'll try and get to the bottom of it.

Stuart