Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Palm Pre 2 WebOS 2.0 smartphone • reghardware

Read this today, fair review of the Pre 2. Looks like it still might have battery issues.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    The Register, not the Guardian, my bad.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joryta13 View Post
    The Register, not the Guardian, my bad.
    Funny, I knew what you meant Great review. I'm used to reading a few smart *** remarks when on their site, but I guess they take hardware reviews seriously.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I know what you mean. The pre doesn't get much respect , which I don't understand because I love mine. My wife has a Droid X and I wouldn't switch even if vzw gave me a free one.
    Looks like it still might have battery issues.
    Name a phone that hasn't. Even when the issue is fixed, people still cry.

It's a phone, not a PC or a MAC plugged in.

I read how everyone cried about the Palm Pixi Plus and its battery issues. Mine works just fine, I am not a massive heavy user, but I do my fair share. That is what car chargers and wall chargers are for as well as extra batts.
    1 Gen iPhone > 2 Gen iPhone > Droid Eris > Palm Pixi Plus.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joryta13 View Post
    I know what you mean. The pre doesn't get much respect , which I don't understand because I love mine. My wife has a Droid X and I wouldn't switch even if vzw gave me a free one.
    I hear you. The Pre is perfect for me and I really hope Verizon releases the Pre 2. However, the multitudes seem to want a slab or horizontal slider with a big screen. Looking at the new phone announcements from CES they all looked basically the same (and boring) to me, but that must be what the majority of smartphone buyers want.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmmahoney View Post
    Name a phone that hasn't. Even when the issue is fixed, people still cry.

It's a phone, not a PC or a MAC plugged in.

I read how everyone cried about the Palm Pixi Plus and its battery issues. Mine works just fine, I am not a massive heavy user, but I do my fair share. That is what car chargers and wall chargers are for as well as extra batts.
    Yeah that's one of the things Rubinstein usually mentions when he talks about phones. Battery technology still has not caught up with what the industry wants to do with phones.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    ...Battery technology still has not caught up with what the industry wants to do with phones.
    ...or cars
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    ModeSwitcher solves the battery problems.

From what I've seen of WebOS 2.0, I'd rather stay with 1.4.5 (only due to various patches and kernels).

I'll personally stay with 1.4.5 (if possible) until my favorite patches work in 2.0.
    agreed. I won't switch right away either, but I will update my wife's phone so I can play with it a little. I hate that the patches can't be updated as soon as the updates are available. Although, at least now you don't have to remove the patches and themes completely before the update like in the old days of webos.