1.    #1  
    1. does anyone know an application that would make it possible to repeat let say an SMS notification?

e.g. i get an sms but i don't read it , i'dd like to get a sound/vibration every 10 minutes untill i read the SMS.

on my windows mobile phone i had alarmpal for this.

2. also looking for an app to block SMS'es from a certain phone number. anyone?

(admin's if i posted in the wrong forum, please redirect)
    I believe you can set that up if you have Advanced Controls for System Preferences.

yes correct. Once that patch is installed, you go to Messaging, then open top left menu, preferences, then your phone number (SMS), preferences again and there's an option for repeat. I don't know about SMS blocking, haven't looked into it.
    Here is another feature that the Treo/Centro had. I'm glad the homebrewers have created a solution, and Palm needs to put it into the core product...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I believe you can set that up if you have Advanced Controls for System Preferences.

yes correct. Once that patch is installed, you go to Messaging, then open top left menu, preferences, then your phone number (SMS), preferences again and there's an option for repeat. I don't know about SMS blocking, haven't looked into it.
    where can i find advanced controls? it's not in preware and can't find it on goolge either...
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    Get the patches from Preware

1. Look for Notification Repeat Patch

2. Not sure about the SMS Block
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
    where can i find advanced controls? it's not in preware and can't find it on goolge either...
    For Notification Repeat (once the patch is installed) reboot necessary

Go to Preferences & Accounts
    and you should have a box for Notification Repeat
    The "notification repeat" patch will give you what you want. But the "Advanced configuration for system preferences" patch will give you this plus more. Just letting you know.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Melaza View Post
    Get the patches from Preware

1. Look for Notification Repeat Patch

2. Not sure about the SMS Block

for SMS block i used magicall on my old windows phone, was a great app (not free though)

Nickyboy... these patches are not updated yet for use on the Pre 2.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    The "notification repeat" patch will give you what you want. But the "Advanced configuration for system preferences" patch will give you this plus more. Just letting you know.
    great guys, it looks like this is what i want but i just can't find it in preware
    i'm running 2.0.1 and in preware i see 1075 available patches (shouldn't it be more?)...

much appreciated help!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Nickyboy... these patches are not updated yet for use on the Pre 2.
    damn that story again... well thanks for the info!
    Give it time, They will come.
    The work to do this is tedious and when other OS parameters change (as some have from 1.4.5 -> 2.0.x it makes it even more difficult.

Sunday I got in a patch update mood and attempted four different patches, none of which would work with 2.0.1 without some new digging and updated coding.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Agree with Nickyboy... no dice on anything that will either a) make an sms notification sound play longer than 5 secs. or b) repeat the notification for a pre 2 running 2.0.1. Would LOVE to run advanced system prefs once I can get my hands on 2.1 Hurry up and upgrade my OS Verizon!!! I'm willing to root the phone to get 2.1 if needed. Haven't quite found out how to yet.