1.    #1  
    I've got my Palm Pre 2 with WebOS 2.0.0. I see there is an update/upgrade available to 2.0.1 (for example via Preware).
    Is it worthy to upgrade to 2.0.1? Are there any important changes to OS or only some fine tunings?
    Is there anyone who can tell me how to do this update in safe way? How to deal with that - just 'tap" update in Preware? Or maybe rather use WebOsDoctor?
    What to do before the update - do backup any data (what is must to backup?). What could be lost with the upgrade?

Any info will be appreciated
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
    webOS Over the Air (OTA) updates are very simple to do and they are 99.9% of the time risk-free.

As with anything, you may want to back up your data, but I've never heard of any issues with OTA updates. The 2.0.1 update for the Pre2 fixed a couple bugs according to PreCentral, but nothing big.

Your Pre2 will automatically update after a while, you can't prevent it (without disabling the update daemon via terminal/novaterm).

If you wish to update, just go to the last page of your launcher and open the "System Updates" app. It should find the update and then you just need to tap the update button at the bottom of the app.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I have seen many EU Pre 2 posts that the update is not happening OTA for them. So if you want to update just download the current Dr. (the EU and NA versions are the same) and run it. Make sure and back up anything on your Pre 2 you want to keep as I am fairly sure, the first time you run it, it will wipe your USB partition.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I have seen many EU Pre 2 posts that the update is not happening OTA for them. So if you want to update just download the current Dr. (the EU and NA versions are the same) and run it. Make sure and back up anything on your Pre 2 you want to keep as I am fairly sure, the first time you run it, it will wipe your USB partition.
    I think this is due to the people being in non-launch countries, same as if a phone has no profile associated with it (i.e. a developer phone). Of course, if that's the case, they seriously need to figure out if they plan on supporting these users, and if not, they need to remedy it for the users.

Then again, it is possible this was just a bug with webOS 2.0.0 that may have been fixed in 2.0.1, but it would be amazing if they could at least let people know why these things are happening.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    If you're in the us, you just keep waiting and waiting and waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    If you're in the us, you just keep waiting and waiting and waiting
    He is talking about the Pre 2. Nobody else has 2.0.x on any devices.
    I know. End sarcasm here. Can't blame me, I'm used to the waiting game being a pre plus owner and being on verizon!
    "Nobody" is pretty all-inclusive...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    "Nobody" is pretty all-inclusive...
    More precisely... The only devices running any official publicly released webOS 2.0.x are Pre 2's.
    More precisely... The only devices running any official publicly released webOS 2.0.x are Pre 2's.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks guys for this discusion and some clues
    pastorrich1 is right - I cannot get OTA update - when I tap System updates message is "your phone is up to date".

So it looks I need to do DR If wanna be updated to 2.0.1
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements