1. SashoDikov
    Will any of the proud owners of the pre2 comment if there are significant os changes regarding messaging and its integration ?

I was unable to connect using Greg Roll's awesome plugins trying just about anything to connect office communicator on 1.45, including copying the pidgin sip certificate onto the phone and it would still not connect I was wondering if there are any significant changes/improvements in the messaging area?

OCS is what we use company wide and it syncs with outlook just perfect so this is what will make my Pre blow out all the win phones my colleagues are waving out of the water.

While we are on the messaging subject any news about the Skype integration other that it will be launching with verizon ?
    Last edited by SashoDikov; 01/02/2011 at 04:43 PM.
    I don't know about skype, but I believe that 2.0 has a vpn client. Would that help you with OCS?
  3. SashoDikov
    not really since OCS uses both an internal and external server to connect, and I should be able to connect through the external one anyway like i can on PC

VPN will come handy acessing the company's intranet though, if I am be able to import the certificates, and that might not be easy - i had to obtain permissions to sync my company outlook, so now the admins can wipe my phone at any time if they feel threatened or I lose it.

Regarding Skype i found the following screen and article that assures us it is coming on teh interwebs (http://mobiputing.com/2010/11/first-...e-for-webos/):

My biggest concern is that it will be a part of Verizon's doctor image only for months to be and i have an O2 GSM pre plus and I don't think I am going to be able to hack it onto it without breaking the radios...
    I am told that this site works for Skype (non video) IM+ Talk, Palm webOS version
    I would also like to see Microsoft Lync (FKA OCS) available on WebOS. Any insight would be great.
  6. SashoDikov
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I am told that this site works for Skype (non video) IM+ Talk, Palm webOS version
    it does, for a 10 day trial. After that is a subscription to a (probably Java) web service (yes, you run it from Pre's browser) with a page reload delay that bridges you to a service you already pay for (Skype). It is a desperate workaround, but I'm not paying for non-native "apps" when the good stuff is coming in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    I would also like to see Microsoft Lync (FKA OCS) available on WebOS. Any insight would be great.
    Knowing how tight HP and MS are this is coming, I was hoping one of the pre2 devs is using/needing communicator in his day job and can shed some light if it is possible/included in 2.0.1
  7. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I too cannot get my Pre to connect to the company OCS account.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Skype works great on my Pre 2 with webOS 2.1 on Verizon. However, if I sync my Skype contacts with their other accounts Skype seems to take over and will not not allow me to IM them through other services. In addidion, when I was logged into skype at my computer and tried calling my friend she was unable to answer and every time she called me back it rang on my phone instead of my computer. So overall, it worked great and I had excellent clarity when I used skype from my phone to my friend's computer however, there seem to be some bugs to work out...
    Hi guys,

Keep an eye out on http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ur-pre-74.html

In the coming days I will be releasing the messaging plugins (including OCS/Lync) for Webos 2.X.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMaja View Post
    Skype works great on my Pre 2 with webOS 2.1 on Verizon. However, if I sync my Skype contacts with their other accounts Skype seems to take over and will not not allow me to IM them through other services. In addidion, when I was logged into skype at my computer and tried calling my friend she was unable to answer and every time she called me back it rang on my phone instead of my computer. So overall, it worked great and I had excellent clarity when I used skype from my phone to my friend's computer however, there seem to be some bugs to work out...
    I didn't think 2.1 was out for verizon pre 2 I have one an update app says phone is up to date.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo6o View Post
    I didn't think 2.1 was out for verizon pre 2 I have one an update app says phone is up to date.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

as far i know it is not out yet for vzw
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

Keep an eye out on http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ur-pre-74.html

In the coming days I will be releasing the messaging plugins (including OCS/Lync) for Webos 2.X.

Thanks,
    Greg
    That is great news. It's getting harder and harder to wait for WebOS 2.x to get to Sprint. I think I'm going to have to do a Sprint Pre 2 FrankenPre conversion .