Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    He couldn't have gotten Preware installed if he didn't have it in dev mode.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    I hope you got dev mode 'on' in the Pre2 for wosQI to work...
    check first post m8
  3.    #23  
    Gents,

I've solved it!
    1. manually download your version of webosdoctor at Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    2. run the doctor as administrator (!) but do not connect your phone! wait untill it re´nstalls novacom then when it asks to connect the phone, just close the doctor
    on vista & win7 you can run a JAR file as admin like this:

a. Right click "Command prompt" in the start menu (just search for it) and select "Run as administrator", agree to the prompt asking you whether you really want to do this

b. Change to the directory where the file installjalmus.jar is located on the command prompt (e.g. type "cd \users\myusername\desktop" + Enter, if the file is located on the desktop and your username is "myusername")

c. Type "java -jar installjalmus.jar" + Enter

3. restart

--> works like a charm...
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Hate to start this up again, but I just received my new Pre 2 and, you guessed it, it doesn't recognize my device. All I want is to get Preware installed, then load up my Pre 2 with my Pre Plus patches, etc. I have searched and tried everything I could find about this sort of problem and can't get it working. I do have Dev Mode on the Pre 2. I have the appropriate WebOS Quick Install and WebOS Doctor. I am NOT tech-savvy and need SESAME STREET INSTRUCTIONS! Can anyone help?
    Thanks,
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    NEVER MIND!! My DH removed all evidence of Novacom, ran the WebOS Doctor and re-loaded Novacom. THANKS, DH! Now, to explore this new phone. Gives me something to do while I'm waiting for another WEEK for my new TouchPad! EGAD!
    The PreCentral community is the best!
    Blessings.
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12