Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Guys, can you check your Pre 2 for this behaviour?
    Either use the phone constantly for at least 15min or let it charge on your touchstone for the same amount of time. Then, open the Phone dialer and go to Favorites. Do you see any light leakage?

I noticed that on my Pre 2, after letting charge for a while, or using it non stop for minimum 15min, a large white spot starts to form, near the middle right side of the screen. I'm going to call Monday HP and see what they will do for me.

Thanks for letting me know.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Do you have a picture of how it looks like?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Nope, no such "leakage" for me. I use my phone for far longer stretches than 15 minutes. In fact I have been posting here on the forums and using BadKitty for over an hour now.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Guys, can you check your Pre 2 for this behaviour?
    Either use the phone constantly for at least 15min or let it charge on your touchstone for the same amount of time. Then, open the Phone dialer and go to Favorites. Do you see any light leakage?

I noticed that on my Pre 2, after letting charge for a while, or using it non stop for minimum 15min, a large white spot starts to form, near the middle right side of the screen. I'm going to call Monday HP and see what they will do for me.

Thanks for letting me know.
    How hot is the back when this happens - my Pre2 never really gets hot so the issue won't happen.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Have not observed anything like this on my Pre2.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    OK, some updates guys. It looks like the screen was "sticked". The more you use it and it heats, the quicker it "unsticks" and does the weird white spots I mentioned earlier. Right now, the spots are virtually invisible, no matter how long I use the phone. The spots gradually started to fade, every day. They used to be HUGE, just few days ago.

So, if you ever experience a similar issue, be patient and use your phone a lot. I read this was also happening on certain Samsung Galaxy batches also... so I was praying it will fix itself like it did on the Galaxy phones (same type of screen)... and it did.

About the dead pixel, is not really dead, but stuck to the white color.
    Is there an application like Pixel Fixer, available for Pre?
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    You can try: Stuck Pixel Fixer (available in the AppCatalog).
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Thanks. I tried some video on YouTube... it did not do nothing.
    Instead, playing the video actually showed me that the white spots are still present and very visible. They show when the the phone gets heated, like it did when I was playing the Pixel Fixer video...

It looks like mosdl nailed the problem from the start... This really sucks.
    I'm calling HP tonight, since I'm still under the 21days exchange policy.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog