Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This is the news of the day Many thanks !
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    This is the news of the day Many thanks !
    Best news of the past couple months if you ask me with the dry spell we have been havin.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Awesome news.
    Donated earlier today.
    Thanks
    This Tuesday just keeps getting better!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Can't wait! One more question: if you use the wifi tethering in freeTether on a Verizon phone, will Verizon see the usage as Mobile Hotspot usage, or think Mobile Hotspot is actually running, so that data goes toward the 5GB limit, or will it look like regular data usage to them? Using USB tethering with the current freeTether just looks like regular data usage to them. Thanks again, guys.
    The all new freeTether works so well on the Pre 2 (on Sprint). It is in the Preware Testing feeds. Make sure and donate to webOS Internals to show your support and appreciation.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    The all new freeTether works so well on the Pre 2 (on Sprint). It is in the Preware Testing feeds. Make sure and donate to webOS Internals to show your support and appreciation.
    There is a special fund set up for PufftheMagic/egaudet collaborations (as contained in the front page story):

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...06282818e091d0
    Great
    Great 0.99.6 is up and running on pre 2, Donated earlier today
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    You could leave MHS installed but you wont need it any more
    I see someone else has already asked a similar q to me, but I don't see an answer. Is the above statement true? Freetether will use my tethering bandwidth allowance on Vz, not taking out of my main phone allowance? Better yet would be if it was toggleable since I run through data on mcs way faster than on phone, for obvious reasons!
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Can't wait! One more question: if you use the wifi tethering in freeTether on a Verizon phone, will Verizon see the usage as Mobile Hotspot usage, or think Mobile Hotspot is actually running, so that data goes toward the 5GB limit, or will it look like regular data usage to them? Using USB tethering with the current freeTether just looks like regular data usage to them. Thanks again, guys.
    Hard to get this one answered. I know this app works wether if you have subscription or not but best way to see if this is costing you unexpected $$$ is to monitor your account for the month. All the worth-mentioning carriers give you the means to do this online so no need for the awkward questions to customer care
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Hard to get this one answered. I know this app works wether if you have subscription or not but best way to see if this is costing you unexpected $$$ is to monitor your account for the month. All the worth-mentioning carriers give you the means to do this online so no need for the awkward questions to customer care
    Thanks. I posted in the official thread that I confirmed that freeTether does NOT go toward the MHS 5GB limit. No MHS data increase since 1/3, which was the last day I used it.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Thanks. I posted in the official thread that I confirmed that freeTether does NOT go toward the MHS 5GB limit. No MHS data increase since 1/3, which was the last day I used it.
    Any thoughts on free tether on ATT? Does it count towards my mobile data plan or do I need to have tethering enabled with ATT?
    I'm not 100% sure about ATT but I'd assume you won't need a tethering plan with them. Just don't go too crazy with the data usage day in and day out.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Any thoughts on free tether on ATT? Does it count towards my mobile data plan or do I need to have tethering enabled with ATT?
    A). Unofficially, You do not need to add a tethering data plan for use with freeTether. It should use the same data connection your Pre uses. On the other hand, if you use MHS on a Pre 2, you would require a tethering plan. There is a technical explanation for the difference, but I won't go into it here.

B). Even though you should not need to add a tethering plan, using data, tethered or not, still will count against your monthly mobile data plan's limit. With freeTether, tethering utilizes the same data connection as your Pre 2. If you are not on a grandfathered unlimited data plan, you should keep tabs on your usage. As long as you don't go hog wild with tethering usage, you should be ok. You might need the 2GB plan if you don't have it already.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Nice TTB! I love having you here helping folks. Thanks for all you do!
    freeTether works perfect in Sweden (provider: Telenor). "Palm Pre 2 Unlocked"
    It works like a dream.
    Thank you.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Hi, I have 0.99.13 on a Pre Plus and Pre 2 in France and it works great!

Wifi tethering function on both, but on the Pre 2, I've found two bugs that I can't reproduce on my Pre Plus. (changes to ssid doesn't stick and tether stays on when card is closed)

The Pre 2 is factory fresh, but belongs to my father-in-law so I can't do too much Lumberjacking. I see jkTex in the stickied main thread "freeTether 0.99.x" has the same problem so I'll post there with details...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    My friend has been trying all day today with palm pre plus 2. He is not able to install freetether v1.1.1 which is available on preware , any suggestions ?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast