Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I tried compiling it, but i am in windows using visual studio and am missing so many linux .h files. I may try to continue the conversion to visual studio (including adding the nix .h files) as this is something I have done before successfully in other contexts, but on other machines. An exciting challenge. I may not be tethering yet, but I am having a good time.
  2.    #22  
    I think an update is warranted :
    They're really really really really really close!
    I'm not kidding either.
    Cross my heart!
    I promise it's true!
    When an app's change log entries start becoming nothing more than "minor bug fixes" followed up by "tiny fix's", it's close, really really, really, close.
    Otherwise I'll be eating crow tomorrow!
    Eric and Ryan, please don't make me eat crow ......
    As for everyone else, remember to Donate here!
    (Directly supports the webOS Internals work on freeTether)
    TTB

Time for me to catch some zzzzzzzzz's before work tomorrow. Hoping I wake up to find good news in here ........
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 01/04/2011 at 03:04 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    I tried compiling it, but i am in windows using visual studio and am missing so many linux .h files. I may try to continue the conversion to visual studio (including adding the nix .h files) as this is something I have done before successfully in other contexts, but on other machines. An exciting challenge. I may not be tethering yet, but I am having a good time.
    You are making things too difficult on yourself - those errors are probably because you are not using the sdk which has built in luna services. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I think you'll be doing yourself a favor by working on this (or anything for webOS) with the SDK, even the 1.4.5 SDK would be a better learning experience in respect to WebOS development.

At least you're having a good time, that's really all that matters
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Oh I am using the sdk/pdk! Its things like certain basic services like dirent.h that aren't standard in visual studio and syslog.h that are neither included in in VS nor the sdk/pdk. Those are the ones used by freetether.c. Somemtimes you can just google the file and find a windows VS version, like dirent.h has an open source VS adaptation. Some calls are easliy simulated by making macros that convert the linux definition to a windows definition. Tedious, but i suspect that once done I can reuse the result with other WebOS source code.

Or am I missing something here?
    can't wait will this be in preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by peatrosspools@aol.com View Post
    can't wait will this be in preware?
    Yes in the main feed, not the testing so it has been stated.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Yes in the main feed, not the testing so it has been stated.
    Two days after that post stating it would hopefully be in the main feed, not the testing feed, an entry in the summary log indicates "downgrade version to 0.99 for testing feed". The version in the master snapshot was 1.12 prior to that entry.

As of this morning the appinfo.json file still indicates it is "version": "0.99.0", Take it for what its worth.

Personally, I don't care which feed it shows up in, I just hope it shows up today.

Remember to Donate here!

Thanks,
    TTB

freeTether information:
    http://git.webos-internals.org/?p=ap....git;a=summary
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 01/04/2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Testing feed release is imminent...

Last edited by PuffTheMagic; 01/04/2011 at 12:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post

Good to see the hard work coming to a close. Saw a update a couple minutes ago about ui changes. Heh.

I take it us with freeTether currently installed (0.0.1), will see this as a update available in preware? Or is it recommend to uninstall the tetherd and tether apps before hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Good to see the hard work coming to a close. Saw a update a couple minutes ago about ui changes. Heh.

I take it us with freeTether currently installed (0.0.1), will see this as a update available in preware? Or is it recommend to uninstall the tetherd and tether apps before hand?
    I recommend uninstalling them both manually and any other tethering applications/solutions anyone may have installed that might interfere. The app id for freetether has changed, so it will not appear as an update.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  11.    #31  
    Remember to Donate here!

Thanks,
    TTB
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post

Thanks Ryan. You saved me from having to eat crow!
    Looks like the app is almost ready. At least this is how it looks at: git.webos-internals.org

20 min ago Ryan Hope fixup changelog, get ready for release
    55 min ago Ryan Hope migrate TODOs to
    76 min ago Ryan Hope update todo
    100 min ago Ryan Hope lots more UI changes
    :
    :
    Just a reminder to people who have old versions of freeTether and myTether installed... REMOVE THEM before upgrading to the new freeTether!
    Sorry if this has been answered, but will this work on a Verizon Pixi Plus?
    this includes removing other tethering apps and patches also correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    If im not mistaken its all devices 1.4.5+

Which will be awesome if I'm correct, becuase I'd love to tether my dads pixi on sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    It is said that all should be removed, however mobile hotspot should be ok (see above posts). But; myTether, freeTetherd, freeTether (0.0.1), and any patches assocaited for those apps.

I've just uninstalled my versions, im READY TO TEST baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Should work on all +1.4.5 devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    You could leave MHS installed but you wont need it any more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast