Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just like the title says, how is the build quality of the pre 2? Is anyone having issues with certain things? I asking this in anticipation of it being available for sprint in the near future...thanks in advance

Ken

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    Just like the title says, how is the build quality of the pre 2? Is anyone having issues with certain things? I asking this in anticipation of it being available for sprint in the near future...thanks in advance

Ken

Build quality is excellent. I love mine.

-- Sent from my Sprint Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    do not have a prior one to compare it to. but great build quality, here also. love the size and shape. very natural,comfortable to hold.
    can't fix stupid...
    The build quality is amazing. The keyboard, slider, and screen beat the pants of my Sprint Pre. Removing the plastic from around the screen is also great. Its barely comparable to the original Pre. Its what Palm should have released back in 2009 or at least in 2010.

~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    I agree with everything that has been said, Palm has really learned from the prior devices. My only complaint is the camera and the fact that it's not auto focus. Not everything can be perfect
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    The quality is definitely there, top notch.
    However, I have a BIG issue with my screen: If I leave the phone off for a while and open it, the screen is perfect. However, once I start using it for a while, a BIG faded white spot starts to form near the middle of the phone, on the right side of the screen. The more I use it, the bigger it gets. Extremely irritating.

Anyone else experiences this behavior? To see it properly, you need to open a dark background window, like the Call app favorite screen (next to voicemail button). Let me know if you noticed something like that, it drives me insane. Just play with your phone for a while and check if you see any white leaks on your screen.

I'm just one of those guys who I NEVER get anything that works as expected, when I buy something. For example, I bought a wireless keyboard on boxing day and the charger was defective... I cannot exchange it because is store policy not to do until January. I had to exchange 4 Pre phones until I got a decent one on my hands, it looks like history repeats itself for Pre 2...
    Last edited by T3CK; 01/01/2011 at 12:51 AM.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    I'd also like to chime in. As someone who started with the Sprint Pre, went up to the Plus, and now the 2, it's WORLDS apart. The Plus is definitely a finessed version of the Minus, but the 2 just blows both of them away, purely hardware wise. I'm VERY impressed by the build quality. VERY solid build. However, if you're anticipating a Sprint release, i'd suggest holding off until something else is announced. Then you'd have the choice of whatever else there is or the Pre 2.
    pre 2 still has a wobble, i wouldnnt say oreo, but it does wobble, but atleast it doesnt feel like its going to break like the old pre did.
    Much better than my pre plus! Feels better while holding thanks to the side new material (like the touchstone back)

The drag radius of the screen has also been reduced, but i don't know who's the culprit -- the hardware or webOS 2.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    pre 2 still has a wobble, i wouldnnt say oreo, but it does wobble, but atleast it doesnt feel like its going to break like the old pre did.
    They all have that tiny wobble, is normal IMO. Mines does also, but it certainly does not feel like is going to pop out like the old Pre.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    The quality of Pre2 is very good (now when I hold my old Pre in my hand it seems to be a toy).
    Has the headset jack been redesigned or improved? "Stuck in the Headset Mode" has been my biggest problem with the Sprint Pre.
    These portrait slider phones always have a little wobble. Not quite as dramatic as the Pre did but this Pre 2 is amazing. I totally agree with SirataXero, they're definitely worlds apart. This new keyboard is much improved even though it looks exactly the same. They've fixed most nitpicks I had about the Pre.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    The quality is definitely there, top notch.
    However, I have a BIG issue with my screen: If I leave the phone off for a while and open it, the screen is perfect. However, once I start using it for a while, a BIG faded white spot starts to form near the middle of the phone, on the right side of the screen. The more I use it, the bigger it gets. Extremely irritating.

Anyone else experiences this behavior? To see it properly, you need to open a dark background window, like the Call app favorite screen (next to voicemail button). Let me know if you noticed something like that, it drives me insane. Just play with your phone for a while and check if you see any white leaks on your screen.

I'm just one of those guys who I NEVER get anything that works as expected, when I buy something. For example, I bought a wireless keyboard on boxing day and the charger was defective... I cannot exchange it because is store policy not to do until January. I had to exchange 4 Pre phones until I got a decent one on my hands, it looks like history repeats itself for Pre 2...
    Is the phone hot when that happens - sounds like something is quite hot and interfering with the screen (Pre and other phones have this).
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    The build quality is there: the slide, the keyboard, the feel of the glass screen. I'd like to add that the quality of the photos, despite the lack of autofocus, has noticeably improved as well.
    Is the back cover also improved?
    Or is it still giving in on pressure and still squeaking?
    Quote Originally Posted by bela42 View Post
    Is the back cover also improved?
    Or is it still giving in on pressure and still squeaking?
    The Pre 2 comes with a thouchstone compatable battery cover. It is the same one you used with your other Pre models. I never had those issues before so I'm not sure.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    If you try to twist it sideways enough, it'll twist a little.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    They all have that tiny wobble, is normal IMO. Mines does also, but it certainly does not feel like is going to pop out like the old Pre.
    Ive come to the conclusion that almost all touchscreen portrait slider phones do this. Pre Plus did it, Pre 2 does it, Blackberry Torch did it. I dont remember the what model it is, but my friends Android portrait slider has a minor wobble as well.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Oh and back to the Build quality. Definitely the best quality ive seen with webOS on it. Definitely better than any blackberry ive had. But its rivaled to some of the HTC devices ive had. I only have one listed in my history but ive had several for the 30 day trial. I use my upgrade try out a phone and return it, just to pick up another.

The keyboard is a huge step up from my plus. I can actually feel the space bar click now haha.
    The slider feels oh so much more stable.
    My back still creaks if i press on it in certain spots, but it still beats my plus.
    The screen is just a piece of art, i cannot even explain it, but once you have the device in your hands and have had a Pre - or plus. It feels oh so much better.
    My power button still concerns me, it feels just as weak and unstable as my plus, which ended up breaking after 6 months.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast