Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    The build quality is there: the slide, the keyboard, the feel of the glass screen. I'd like to add that the quality of the photos, despite the lack of autofocus, has noticeably improved as well.
    Higher res camera will do that.

I tried charging my pre2 on my touchstone for 1 hour, no real bleeding that I can see.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    They all have that tiny wobble, is normal IMO. Mines does also, but it certainly does not feel like is going to pop out like the old Pre.
    how about some pics of that faded spot ?! just take a screenshot ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I am sorry for my poor tech knowledge, but am I correct to assume that auto-focusing is a software issue rather a hardware issue ? And if its a software issue then can we expect to find an HP webOS compatible app or patch for that once it is released in USA ? Hmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    how about some pics of that faded spot ?! just take a screenshot ?
    If its a faded spot because of heat from the hardware, it won't show up on the screenshot. Or it shouldn't... If it does, then it's not because of heat and it's a software glitch... which is a VERY odd software glitch...
    One more question - does the slider still get stuck so easily, if you try to open the Pre "in the wrong way"?
    Will I still have problems to open the phone with either very dry and clean or with somewhat greasy fingertips?
    OK, have been two questions...
    Quote Originally Posted by bela42 View Post
    One more question - does the slider still get stuck so easily, if you try to open the Pre "in the wrong way"?
    Will I still have problems to open the phone with either very dry and clean or with somewhat greasy fingertips?
    OK, have been two questions...
    ... First, I try not touching my phone with wet or greasy fingers... But to avoid being sarcastic I will just say no, I don't have any issues opening the slider.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    That sure is a relief over the Pre Plus... mine get's stuck half the time...

But I've looked at the front of the Pre 2, does it feel as if someone sliced a little off the curvature of a pebble to make it flat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    I've looked at the front of the Pre 2, does it feel as if someone sliced a little off the curvature of a pebble to make it flat?
    yeah, bout like that, but it is nice.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I think my Sprint Pre must have been much better quality than the norm, while I didn't get so lucky with my Pre 2.

After going through a couple of Sprint Pre units that had internal glitches, I ended up with a solid example that's been in use for almost a year and a half, and still feels very solid; negligible wobble, no squeaks, etc. I've been plenty happy with it.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed when my Pre 2 arrived. Although it has the appearance of a much higher quality device, it does have a small amount of wobble, the battery cover squeaks, and there is a small amount of play between the two halves of the phone. Not enough of a problem that I wanted to try for a replacement, but not what I was expecting/hoping for.

Seems like I'm in the minority with both of my WebOS devices. Aside from the minor annoyances my Pre 2 has, everything else is a step up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    The Pre 2 comes with a thouchstone compatable battery cover. It is the same one you used with your other Pre models. I never had those issues before so I'm not sure.
    So are you saying that there is no need to purchase a separate Touchstone compatable back? Would you know if the Pre version would fit on the Pre 2 back?
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    Has the headset jack been redesigned or improved? "Stuck in the Headset Mode" has been my biggest problem with the Sprint Pre.
    Have any of you Pre 2 users been stuck with the headset bug that was an issue with the original?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclingdaddy View Post
    So are you saying that there is no need to purchase a separate Touchstone compatable back? Would you know if the Pre version would fit on the Pre 2 back?
    They are the same back. There are no differences. Completely interchangable.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by metalfan49 View Post
    Have any of you Pre 2 users been stuck with the headset bug that was an issue with the original?
    I haven't had the issue. When I had mine taken apart it looked like the same components.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I haven't heard anyone complain that they had a Pre2 stuck in headset mode. It seems that many having the issue with the Pre minus or plus (myself included) were stuck in headset mode in a manner not related to the physical port.

If that's true, does that indicate that improvements in 2.x have resolved one or both, so that older models will have fewer problems with being stuck in headset mode?

That would be wonderful news if that is the case. Software issues can be fixed remotely, hardware is forever.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Higher res camera will do that.

I tried charging my pre2 on my touchstone for 1 hour, no real bleeding that I can see.
    I should have mentioned that I was specifically referring to the white-balance of the photos. I don't think the resolution has anything to do with that. There's also less noise in the photos. Again, I don't think that is a result of just a resolution bump.

I could be wrong.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    once I start using it for a while, a BIG faded white spot starts to form near the middle of the phone, on the right side of the screen
    i've got a pre+ and mine does that too, on the bottom of the screen though. the hotter the phone, the bigger the blotch. blows
    A few quick questions:

1. Is the Gorilla Glass more scratch resistant in use as is advertised? I can scratch my Sprint Pre by looking at it the wrong way, and it is killing me. It looks like I use it to sharpen knives.

2. Is the touch response on the Pre2 glass better than the plastic on the Pre's? I find that I have to tap multiple times to select text and the like.

3. Does the Pre2 come with the Touchstone back?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    A few quick questions:

1. Is the Gorilla Glass more scratch resistant in use as is advertised? I can scratch my Sprint Pre by looking at it the wrong way, and it is killing me. It looks like I use it to sharpen knives.

2. Is the touch response on the Pre2 glass better than the plastic on the Pre's? I find that I have to tap multiple times to select text and the like.

Thanks!
    1: Yes, the Gorilla Glass is more scratch resistant. Much more solid and I've not scratched mine while using it the last 6 weeks. Love it!

2. Yes, response is faster (not entirely due to the glass IMHO, but perhaps the increased processing power to quickly execute the UI code).

3. Yeah. I'm pretty sure it does. I don't have a Touchstone base, or I'd tell you for sure. I may buy one from precentral.net. On the HP web site (product description), it said the Touchstone back was included with the Palm Pre 2.

HTH.
    Definitely. My brother managed to take a pretty bad fall with his Pre 2. Due to the amazing quality of the device, it just dented a little bit from the matte edge up toward the glass, but the glass was spotless. I would've expected a Pre Minus (or plus) to get a giant ding and a scratch across the entire face of the device with such a fall.

Personally, I'd have to say yes... but only when its cleaned properly. I noticed that the glass screen manages to attract finger oils (as much as the plastic did, for me anyway). However, when the plastic one would just start "bugging out" until you cleaned it, with the glass you can tell that there's finger oil and you can clean it off and it works perfectly. I don't think there's an actual PHYSICAL difference in accuracy, it's just that you can find out a lot easier when or why it's not going to be accurate and act accordingly (i.e. clean it).

Yes it comes with one standard. It's the exact same touchstone back as the Pre Plus/Minus use so they're completely interchangeable. The good thing is, the touchstone back merges very well with the sides of the Pre 2 and the matte finish makes it really nice. If the Pre 2 came with the shiny plastic back it would just look horrible and completely out of place.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12