Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Above, When I take a pic, it shows me that I've taken the pic however, when I click on it, nothing happens. When I open the Photo app, the photos taken don't show up. Anyone else with this problem and what should I do?
    Thank.
    Palm Pre 2 (Unlocked)
    T-Mobile
    I had this exact same problem earlier...

Did you install the Uber Kernel or something? If I remember correctly, I uninstalled UK and my photos started working perfectly again.
    Is the UberKernel safe for the Pre2? I hadn't heard that webOS Internals had released any kernel improvements for the 2.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    It doesn't overclock. It just gives you the different governers. It also apparently isn't very stable since it gave me this problem. I don't know if this person is getting the error because of the same thing or not... But I sure did.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    It doesn't overclock. It just gives you the different governers. It also apparently isn't very stable since it gave me this problem. I don't know if this person is getting the error because of the same thing or not... But I sure did.
    Ah, okay. Thanks.

~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    When did you have this issue Sirataxero? It may be more related to one of the other things we have since fixed on our converted Pre 2's than uberkernel. I had some photo/wallpaper issues for about a week till I found a fix. However I doubt those would be present on a stock Pre 2 for the OP.

I just can't imagine where uberkernel would touch anything close to affecting that.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I had this problem too, fixed after a restart. I have very few patches installed and no UK. Only happened once, not sure what could have caused it.
    Had this problem yesterday, only had 2 patches, muffle system and reset patch that gives you more options on resetting.

Uninstalled both, and this fixed the problem, added back the muffle patch, still no problem, haven't bothered adding back the reset options patch.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by hmarcus View Post
    Above, When I take a pic, it shows me that I've taken the pic however, when I click on it, nothing happens. When I open the Photo app, the photos taken don't show up. Anyone else with this problem and what should I do?
    Thank.
    take finger off the camera??

Same here. Took pictures, didn't save.
    Recorded video, didn't save.

Had the Muffle patch installed and removed it.
    Not sure if it is related, as I also rebooted a few times before removing the patch and that seemed to work as well.
    I think it does have something to do with patches, since I had muffle system logging and the unhide dev mode icon patches installed, and I've rebooted many times since my Pre2 stopped showing new pictures and videos (but if I plug it into a computer, the pictures and videos are saved, they just don't show up in the app). After seeing this thread, I tried removing just muffle logging, and even after a reboot, the problem was still there. However, after removing the dev mode icon patch and rebooting, new pictures show up again.

Now I need to find if there's a way to make the photo and video apps see the photos and videos I took while the thing was broken.

Regardless, I think no more patches for me.
    I got the photo and video apps to see all of my photos and videos at this point by plugging my Pre2 into my computer and putting it in USB mode. Once I brought it back out of USB mode, it sees all of my pictures and videos.
    It's not patches. I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, and a phone restart fixed it. I am not running UK either. Its a bug with the OS. I will check the dev forums tomorrow and see if it has a fix or has been reported.

BTW I have also had my bookmarks list disappear completely on me twice now for no apparent reason. Tiles are still there, but no list. Clearing all bookmarks and then re-adding fixes this for me.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 02/07/2011 at 06:20 AM. Reason: update on bookmarks portion
    Im running my Pre2 stock for a bit now and yet to have this issue. With the failure occurs, what is Lumberjack pulling up with Photos and Camera app? Looks like something is hosing up the read/writes and/or making the apps think device is still in USB drive mode.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I am suffering this problem too. I have not installed the UberKernel, I've rebooted multiple times, gone into USB mode multiple times, have only 4 patches installed, and tried uninstalling them & re-installing. I've tried deleting the DCIM directory, all to no avail. I can take pictures, but they don't appear in the Photos app., but do appear if I look at it in USB mode. Nor do videos appear in the Videos app, despite appearing in the USB drive.
    This issue has been reported in the developer forums and is expected to be fixed in a future release of webOS.

It is a file or media indexer issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    This issue has been reported in the developer forums and is expected to be fixed in a future release of webOS.

It is a file or media indexer issue.
    Hey sorry for the off topicpost , but do you know what time the sprint announcment takes place today .

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Hey sorry for the off topicpost , but do you know what time the sprint announcment takes place today .

6 pm E.T. looks like
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Any word on a fix?

Just started happening on my Pre 2 after I installed Internalz Pro. I think it has something to do with the default file handler getting confused. You can have Internalz Pro act as the default for image files, and it shows up under Default Applications for .jpg, etc. But when you set it to not be the default, there is no option shown for .jpg, etc.
  20. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I'm struggling with this issue myself. I can't get new pictures or screen captures to show up through the Photos app, but they are present when explored with Internalz Pro. Reboots don't fix it, Jason's bugfix ipk doesn't fix it. Going to USB mode and running error checking (through Windows) doesn't fix it. Ugh.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast