Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I plugged in to usb, deleted some files, added some files, ejected. Usb mode lingered for a few minutes, but still same problem. Full shutdown, battery pull, problem fixed for now.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I'm also experiencing this problem, and it's driving me insane. Is there any chance of a homebrew solution (in patch form perhaps?) being released anytime soon?

EDIT: Just removed the Muffle System Logging patch and it seems to be working a lot better after a reboot. The photos save (although with the patch enabled they did sometimes save, so I'm only cautiously optimistic right now) and the Camera app in general is a lot faster. Hopefully it continues to work and doesn't revert to the previous behaviour...
    Last edited by StevenX; 03/18/2011 at 04:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    My wife's VEER has this problem too. I see someone here posted that there would be a fix, but that's from December 2010. She just bought the phone in July 2011, so the fix should already be in place by now. The camera seems to take the pictures, but you can't see them in the photo app, they appear completely black. Viewing through USB mode, you get get to the pictures.

This is a deal-breaker for her. If I can't find a fix soon, she's getting an LG Phoenix before her 30 days is up. (in one week)

Very disappointing since I could probably talk her into the Pre 3 if it actually existed. But I can't depend on HP to get that delivered in time and there are no other options.
    So much for HP 'making it right'. I promised her the update to her Pre2 back in Feb, so I'm not making any more promises based on what HP says.
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Remove "Muffle System Logging" patch.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I had this problem today. My different picture categories would all show but when I would open the Photo Roll category, it would open but be blank. All the other categories worked fine and I could even open the Photo Roll category if I did it through the camera app. I then deleted the Uber Kernel and everything works normally again.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hmarcus View Post
    Above, When I take a pic, it shows me that I've taken the pic however, when I click on it, nothing happens. When I open the Photo app, the photos taken don't show up. Anyone else with this problem and what should I do?
    Thank.
    My Pre3 has had this problem for ages. I hoped the latest OS update would have fixed it, but no. I don't have Uber Kerel or Muffle System installed, but I do have several others, mainly all of the Advanced System patches. Isn't there anything we can do to fix this???
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    This worked for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    Excellent! This fixed the problem for me where I couldn't see recent pictures in the Photos app and couldn't jump to Photos from Camera by tapping on the picture thumbnail. My process was very slightly different:

1. Run Internalz
    2. Delete /var/luna/data/filenotify.db3
    3. Reboot the device
    4. Start Photo app - saw old thumbnails and thought it hadn't worked
    5. After about ten seconds the screen was filled with a spinner as the file indexer kicked off. When it was done, everything worked as it should.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    This worked for me!!
    I tried this fix and had no luck. I can see the thumbnail of the photo roll in the first screen of the photo app, but when I open the actual photo roll it's just blank. The slideshow option does, however, work and the pics show up in it. Even from the camera app the full size pics show up, but nothing when I try to go to photo roll there. A bit of an annoyance.
    I had this problem too (again) on my Pre3 2.2.4 and found a fix without rebooting my device.

Somehow the indexer does not scan all of the pictures in the DCIM/100Palm folder.
    I found some forum post that claim the folder should be set to invisible (for webos) and then after a reboot it should be set to visible again and then after the next reboot the indexer should find all the photos.

I used the Internalz Pro app to hide (for webos) the subfolder "100Palm".
    This renamed the folder to ".100Palm" and seconds later somewhat did create a new empty folder "100Palm".
    I verified that the new "100Palm" is empty and quickly deleted this folder "100Palm" again.
    Then I quickly went to the hidden ".100Palm" folder and made it visible (for webos) again.
    This was now renamed to "100Palm" again.
    I left Internalz Pro - but I did not reboot.

Instead I opened the photo app and after a few seconds all my 600+ pictures in the "100Palm" folder appeared again.
    I'm not sure why this procedure did help in my case. Perhaps it would be enough to touch the subfolder "100Palm" in order to trigger a rescan of that folder .. ?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12