1.    #1  
    Hi,

Anyone able to get the Terminal app to work on the Pre 2?
    For me, when the app launches it just shows a black screen. Although I could access the preference menu for changing font and color, there's no command prompt.

Thanks
    It has not been updated for webOS > 2.0
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thanks! Looking forward to using my favorite app again soon.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Currently I have enabled the testing feed so I could get and use the Secure Shell App (found it in preware after enabling the feed).
    I hope this will help you.
    I also have the same problem on my Pre 2 with webOS v2.1. I do hope it will be fixed soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmcg View Post
    I also have the same problem on my Pre 2 with webOS v2.1. I do hope it will be fixed soon!
    Terminal itself isn't fixed yet, but you can use xterm or Terminus. Just follow the directions here:

On-device Command Line access returns to webOS 2.1, after a slight tweak | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    I think that xterm is the best option.
    I have issues with xterm to type in special characters, the grey key's not working
    what about you?
    tx
    Try searching for SDL Terminal in Preware or in the forums. I am using it on my Sprint FrankenPre 2. It works great. It shows up in Preware for me. I came across it first searching the forums though.
    tx
    have issues to download, will try later again.