Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    This issue has nothing to do with the provider, because it is happening in Germany, too.
    This is really becoming a problem -- Has anyone figured out the cause or a workaround? Keeping it on EDGE only doesn't actually seem to work as I thought it did.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Same story here in Italy...
    Same here in Holland, with manual settings off.
    I did notice data roaming was on, I'll see how it goes with that turned off.
    Same here. unlocked EU GSM version 2.0.1 and regular switching...

Living room = wifi. Climbing up the stairs to the attic where I have my corner gives 2G. Due to a poor Mobile network here. Then sliding open the keyboard gives first 3G due to better recieving because the antenna is clear. Then it goes back to wifi. Due to the same agenda. So each time I get a coffee from downstairs I get freaked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul.vd.spek View Post
    Same here in Holland, with manual settings off.
    I did notice data roaming was on, I'll see how it goes with that turned off.
    I have this issue constantly on AT&T too, and my data roaming has always been and is still set to Off.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalfan49 View Post
    I have this issue constantly on AT&T too, and my data roaming has always been and is still set to Off.
    Yes, I can confirm that the data roaming setting was _not_ causing it.

I get this issue even when seemingly remaining connected to 3G i.e. not after switching 2G-3G or wifi-3G.

Never had this on my pre minus (same provider).
    Some more input on this: the phone does not get an IP address (dhcp issue?).

Connecting to / through a wifi network in this state (works) and then disconnecting and reconnecting to 2G/3G does not result in an ip address from the 3G network.
    My understanding when I purchased the unlocked Pre 2 was that I would be able to pop in the SIM and be on my way, as I have unlimited data, etc on AT&T through old iPhones.

All seemed to be well, until I noticed that when not on wifi, my phone would not retrieve data. However, upon a reset, it works again for a limited amount of time, but will eventually revert back to unable to retrieve data.

I went to the AT&T store to get a regular sim (I was just using the microsim from my iPhone 4) thinking maybe the connections weren't touching correctly, and the guy scanned my IMEI and re added my unlimited data and said I should be fine.

It happened again today, so I called AT&T and now they are telling me that since it's unlocked that data may not be supported.

I just don't understand why it would work for 10 minutes, and then not...is AT&T blocking the device?
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by tlayng12 View Post
    My understanding when I purchased ........

I just don't understand why it would work for 10 minutes, and then not...is AT&T blocking the device?
    I don't think this error has anything to do with AT&T specifically. It seems to be happening to many users on the Pre 2 and the Pre; on many different carriers in many different countries. On my Pre+, I will often not be able to get data until after a restart/airplane mode toggle/ or data toggle. Web pages will timeout with error 2006, and email and other apps will not pull anything in.

There is an unresolved thread about this on the Palm forum too : Bug: Pre 2 has no GSM internet after leaving WiFi ... - Palm Support Community
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Just a note - make sure no other apps are open. I had a twitter client (spaz) that, if I left it open, would make me lose my data ability. I uninstalled it and no longer have the problem.
    I have the same issue with my Verizon Pre-Plus. It does not occur all of the time, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    No issue (fingers x) whatsoever. Whenever my wifi disconnects, G or 3G kicks in, without exception.

If it's sw related and other Pre 2 users aren't experiencing this: has anyone tried to fix this with a doctor?
    I've doctored my P102UNA on AT&T already. Didn't change anything. Although lately data has been alot more reliable.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    I have not noticed the issue either (Pre 2 on AT&T). When connecting and disconnecting from WiFi my data has been flawless. I am in Ohio BTW.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I have not had this problem for a while now. And I have not uninstalled any apps that could be related, I think. Strange...
    Same. Had this problem all the time but have noticed lately that it's been working as expected. No app changes except upgrades to existing. Very weird.
    I had a pretty good weekend and couple of days up till now, but today I am trying to view websites and failing until a data off/on cycle.
    I have a Pre2 unlocked on AT7T and this just happened to me at lunch. I am running version 2.0.1. I had to toggle airplane mode on/off to get data to work again. Once I did, I got 4 emails form the past hour and I was able to browse web sites again.

Does anyone know if the Verizon Pre2 suffers from the same thing?
    I'm experiencing this issue with my VZW Pre2. Frequently when I leave my WiFi coverage 3G fails to pick up. In fact, I see no 3G icon at all. I've been rebooting to clear the issue. I'll try Airplane mode next time.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast